More BMX Vert

Name
Daz
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys.

A few more BMX vert pictures from this year, I hope you enjoy.

Daz.

Jason Ellis with a stunning can-can

DSC_0012_small.jpg

Jason Ellis again, invert...

DSC_0014_small.jpg

Stephen Laidlaw invert...

DSC_0076_1.jpg

Old Schooler Des, sweet style...

DSC_0078_cropped.jpg

Stephen Laidlaw again with a one-footer...

DSC_0081_cropped.jpg

What the difference between an 'invert' and a 'table-top'?

Nice pictures though. Maybe risk it and get closer. Fill the frame with the bike. Don't look through the camera, just shoot from your outstretched arm.

What the difference between an 'invert' and a 'table-top'?

A table top is as it suggests, the bike in the flat table top position. An invert is when the bike is beyond flat, like in the second and the third picture. Des's is border-line, just over flat so generally that would be classed more as a table top. But Laidy's bike is almost upside down and inverted.

Daz.

Nice shots, but I would come back with the clarity slider a bit, everything has halos.

Don't look through the camera, just shoot from your outstretched arm.

Surely that would be the worst thing to do. Cause you won't be able to tell where the rider is in the frame so your composition will just be all over the place?

I think on #1 and #2 especially you needed to up the shutter speed a bit as the riders are slightly blurred.

I really love #3, I love how the rider is placed perfectly above the building and flood light.

For #4 and #5 I like the slightly OTT processing but I feel that the background is a bit distracting on both - maybe get lower down so the rider is distinguished only against the sky as you have done in #3?

Overall a good set and some nice processing (y)

Try getting a lower angle. So the rider is higher than the camera. It gives a better feel of the height.

Also try to shoot landscape with the fisheye. I find it distorts the rider a lot less.

Back