More Bubble Surfaces

Name
Mick
Edit My Images
Yes
These were inspired by something my daughter said whilst up the park with my youngest son playing with bubbles. Then I seen the images by carl and thought I'll have a bash at that :)

Taken with my EF-s 60 macro and a full set of tubes, a desk lamp for light and a piece of garden wire to hold the bubble film.

Not posted in a while so be kind :)

4660683173_54d4ca5311.jpg

4660683167_d1ce4d7282.jpg

4660683149_8923de63ec.jpg

Thanks Guys and Gals :)

@RJL2005 give it a go. Its a lot of fun although a little frustrating at times till I managed to get to grips with the limited lighting I had.

be prepared to give your lens a good clean afterwards as well, as every time the bubble/film pops, you end up with tiny little splatters all over the place.

Last edited:
very nice pics mate :)

always end up watching them for too long then they pop!

very nice pics mate :)

always end up watching them for too long then they pop!

Thanks and yeah watching the colours move round is mesmerising, nine times out of ten, it does pop before you take the shot :)

Those pictures are awesome. Please can you tell me how you do this?

Very basically ....literally lol

A piece of garden wire wrapped into a circle dipped into a mixture of fairy liquid and water with a little glycerine ( the glycerine seems to help the film last longer ie not pop so quickly )

A halogen desk lamp shining on the film at an angle to show the surface colours.
A full set of Jessops extension tubes and my ef-s60 ( so roughly 2:1 magnification )

a fair amount of patience :bonk:

really nice images. i have got to try this when i get my new equipment.

Oh my.. That's very groovy ;)

I wonder if the same setup could be used to shoot a high-fps video.. hmmm :)

Thank you for sharing :D

Back