More Damselflies - hope you don't mind

Edit My Images
Yes
Went out yesterday evening after being inspired by everyone's recent macro pics :) and took some of my own.
I think photography is great when it makes you really look and study some of the things around you that you maybe don't normally take much notice of. I love birds and wildlife in general, but pretty much ignored most insects, but they're so fascinating when you look.

DSC_0001-01.jpg

DSC_0005-01.jpg

DSC_0016-01.jpg

DSC_0050-01.jpg

DSC_0090-01.jpg

I need to set the tripod up properly next time and maybe get a flash so I can get a bigger DOF, but I'm still pretty happy with them.

Thanks for looking

looks like somethings not working right :thinking:

I love that first shot. So, what's the difference between all the colours? I saw red and blue ones today.

I still can't see anything, great big banners going on about bandwidth leeching.

They work fine for me. Very nice shots Rick. (y)

Ummm dunno why they don't appear for some people. They should all be within the forum limits and are hosted in the TalkPhotography gallery :thinking:

Thanks for the comments anyway (y) .

Re: the difference between them - I'm no expert but I think the ones in my pics are all 'Common Blue Damselflies' (the males being Blue, the females are greenish) - however I stand to be corrected ;)
I went here to find out.

Rich

Very good shots Rick ... I know how hard it is to catch these beasties in anything like a decent capture 'cos I haven't yet managed it !?!:crying:

And you have !:clap:

Rick, I've just been to the gallery to look at your shots and whilst I can see the thumbnails I still get the banners when I click on the image.

The shots look really good, some great captures there.

:shrug: strange ???
Anyway, thanks for taking the time to go look and comment Hacker :) . Next time I'll try to get some more 'action' shots like yours ;) :D

Rich

I guess the banners must be an attempt to stop a certain other forum showing the same pictures in its threads :)

I'm trying so hard to concentrate on my shed build project I'm letting all the local bugs go by without bothering them....but posts like this (and minim.'s) make me want to get the macro lens out again!

Nice set there Rick.

Re: the banners....i turned them off earlier today, so im a bit confused as to why they are still showing, do a ctrl F5? they were put there as we are paying for the gallery bandwidth for us, not the rest of the bloomin interwebnet.

Pictures are excellent though, very impressed!

Back