More F3 Woes...

Arkady

Suspended / Banned
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
Got my replacement 'K'-focussing screen from an ebay seller this morning.
Almost in as bad condition as the one I was replacing (in the mint-body sourced from another ebay seller)...

I even contacted the seller prior to bidding asking what use it had seen and the condition it was in: any dirt sandwiched between the glass layers etc...he responded that it was quote: "unused; there is no dirt"...

Hmmm...try again: lots of dirt, paint scuffs on the black metal frame and a massive scuff on the top-glass element which cannot be polished off with a lens tissue...:bang:

If he'd described it accurately I'd probably still have bought it as it's in better nick that the heavily-scratched one I'm replacing...it just baffles me why someone would lie about this sort of thing - which part of 'unused' doesn't he understand? To my mind, 'unused' means just that...:shrug:

Well because of that I've just left my first ever negative feedback...

Rant over, back to work...move along please...

stress-picture-stress-relief-kit.jpg

yup...

He asked about the feedback asking why I just didn't just ask for a refund...I told him it wasn't unservicable, just not as described...seems he still doesn't get it...

Besides it'd end up cost more in postage to send it back to him from here in Germany than I paid for it...lol

yup...

He asked about the feedback asking why I just didn't just ask for a refund...I told him it wasn't unservicable, just not as described...seems he still doesn't get it...

Besides it'd end up cost more in postage to send it back to him from here in Germany than I paid for it...lol

Do you not have army buddies who, y'know, could help him get the message?

Life's too short...lol

Well, his might be...

surely in the stress reduction kit instructions 2) should read "Take hold of person causing stress firmly by the neck and follow directions in circle" :)

I bought some stuff last month that was very much not as described.
they offered my money back,I could keep the goods +£10 if I withdrew the feedback.

It is no wonder they had perfect feedback score.

Not now though :shake: ... what is the point of feedback if it is not honest.

Nice - bookmarked for later - no K-Type screens though...

I've got some F3 screens in the house, I'll check tonight to see what they are.

Checked for screens - can only find a B and an E.

Sorry.

sounds like you need to send it in for a service/clean

Clean what? The original screen is scratched - looks like someone dug an ice-pick into it - God alone knows how that happened (probably out of the camera).
And the replacement cost me £11.00

Cleaning bill on that? :wacky:

I might get a smaller screwdriver-set, dismantle both and cobble one useable one together using the good fresnel from the one and the good 'lens' from the other...

B is good, as is D, but I prefer the K with split prism, central 15mm fresnel and matt surround though...

I think I can cobble one usable one out of the two damaged ones I have here...

You can have the B screen for postage if it's any good to you Rob.

There is a little dust but I think it's just on the surface and one wee mark but it may clean off. I use the K screen so I won't use it.

PM me your address if you want it.

Back