More Kingfisher and a Treecreeper

Still waiting to photograph either of these this year, particularly like the Treecreeper.

Lovely clean shots of the tree creeper Steve its not easy to get that sort of detail in their preferred environment well done (y)

Nice work, love them all but the treecreeper is very good. I'm not sure how much wiggle room you have but I think the kingfishers would withstand a bit of a crop, there looks to be plenty of detail in them. It's great to see them in their environemnt but I think you could crop in a bit, without losing too much that way. Lovely work. (y)

Thanks all.

Was lucky with the Treecreeper. Was walking between ponds for the Kingfisher when he landed on a tall tree stump reasonably close to me. Normally, I see just a flash of them as I find them very quick and either the light is too much behind them or too much foliage. This time, he was quite low (thankfully!).

On the crop, have cropped in a bit already but will see if I can get in closer still, thanks for the advice, always after tips to make things better [emoji846]

Thanks all.

thanks for the advice, always after tips to make things better [emoji846]

It might not make them better, photography is a very subjective hobby but it's good to hear somebody doesn't mind the crit, that's why I'm here too. (y)

Agreed on it being subjective @Dale. , but always appreciate constructive feedback - easier to see if it can be improved when people provide critical :)

Tried to crop in. Have also included the original to show how much I have cropped in -

1) with fish - original
Kingfisher-22 by rackhs, on Flickr

2) with fish - further crop
Kingfisher-21 by rackhs, on Flickr

3) blinking - original
Kingfisher-26 by rackhs, on Flickr

4) blinking - further crop
Kingfisher-25 by rackhs, on Flickr

Nicely done Steve. Mind me asking what camera you're using? The detail retention is very good.

Thanks Dale. Using a D7500 with a Sigma 150-600mm C. Was handheld so bumped the ISO to 1250. Either 1/100 or 1/200 on the Kingfishers and 1/500 on the Treecreeper.

Back