More Lake District

C

Creo

Went for my first visit, was not blessed with good fortune as the weather was poor, and I got quite ill and had to come home. Confined what time we did have to the iconic type locations, next visit I would like to explore more and try and get something a bit different.

1. Wastwater.
Weather and lighting were a challenge. Not helped by having broken my Lee ND grad, lesson learnt, will have a spare next time!

1024wasswater.jpg

2. Blea Tarn
Went up for sunset but there wasn't one, so did a 30 sec exposure to calm the very agitated water.

1024bleatarn.jpg

3. Slater's Bridge
The cottage we stayed at was just half a mile from this location so would have been rude not to have a go!
My thanks to the sheep for so obligingly posing under the bridge.

1024slaters.jpg

As always critique and comment very welcomed.
Thank you.

Reactions: RIR
The first one would be my pick of the images, if it weren't for a very blue cast, and a tiny tiny bit oversharped. Maybe try and adjust the white balance or hue. There is a nice image waiting to get out.
I like the composition in the 3rd image (the Herdwicke) adds to it. However, it too looks a little oversharpened...or has it been HDR'd?

Philip

The first one would be my pick of the images, if it weren't for a very blue cast, and a tiny tiny bit oversharped. Maybe try and adjust the white balance or hue. There is a nice image waiting to get out.
I like the composition in the 3rd image (the Herdwicke) adds to it. However, it too looks a little oversharpened...or has it been HDR'd?

Philip
I agree.

go to agree with the above comments on well on no.1 slightly blue & 3 looks a little too much - the bridge kind of stands out too much for me (if that was toned down a bit, then it would be a great pic.

I actually think no.2 is a cracking landscape - b&w always works for me.

Utred - #2 is 24mm.

Many thanks for your feedback, taken on board, the sharpening issue is me being stupid, I resized them for the forum and as I never use this size of image thought they now looked soft so sharpened them.
Have to say I do struggle with the huge blue cast on the Lee Big Stopper (or on my one), I thought I had pretty much corrected it on #1, but obviously not enough.

2 is the nicest I think, really like the composition and processing.

going in the summer, really looking forward to it after seeing these shots!

Back