More milk drop madness!

Name
Rhod
Edit My Images
Yes
Following on from my "Milk Craters" thread, tried again today using black perspex to get better reflections. Seems to work better than the baking tray :LOL: Managed about 1 in 20 keepers though, hand eye coordination a little off tonight!

Comments and critque please(y)

Thanks for looking!

Really nice! 1st is my fave but love the reflections and shadows in the second

Excellent set, they all look good to me, especially no:3 The reflections work much better too. (y)

Number two is stunning! So colourful. Well done, those are great.
The first one reminds me of candy apple coating mmmm :)

Last edited:
Excellent stuff, i'm really impressed. The colour is fantastic, they almost look like pottery (y)

:clap: they definitely look different, love the colours and the dark background brings them out so much better.

The colours and reflections are great.

More photo ideas for me under the.....Photo Projects for a wet Sunday

Just a quick question, how are you getting the colours in these?
I pressume, its a couple of drops of food colouring or similar placed on the perspex, then the milk dropped onto them, although i may be wrong :D

Rhod
These shots are just amazing, the black perspex is doing the drop proud.
The effects look all the better without the messy little drops distracting the eye. (y)(y)

Allan

Cheers Allan - Perspex 1 Baking tray 0 :LOL:

Just a quick question, how are you getting the colours in these?
I pressume, its a couple of drops of food colouring or similar placed on the perspex, then the milk dropped onto them, although i may be wrong :D

I let one drop of milk hit the perspex, colour it with a couple of drops of food dye and then drop another onto it. You really need to catch the first imact or it all gets a bit messy. Lots of cleaning between shots and you need to get your eye in!

Thanks to all for the comments(y)

great shots alan. :D do you have a picture of your setup?

Cheers BirderOzzie(y) Next time I shoot the drops I'll try to remember to use the compact to get a set up shot. BTW I'm Rhod:LOL:

I absolutely love these !
All 3 are stunning, but No.2 has it for me. I can see the froggie thing too :D

This is just the sort of thing that I like trying, so guess what's on my agenda the next time that I have a couple of hours free.

What do you use to drop the milk?

Thanks Sarah, I use a syringe body as a reservoir with a tap attached, made a stand from dowell rods (like a school science clamp stand) and have started to learn the art of practise and patience!!

If you get it right write down everything involved (thanks Splog!)

Hopes this helps(y)

These are excellent, glad you persevered and chose black perspex, it works well.

Back