IMG_1689.jpg

IMG_1702.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg

IMG_1734.jpg

IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1754.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

IMG_1883.jpg

Another from the weekends shoot. The theme was puppets, which is why she has string on her arm.

Camera: Canon 30D // Focal Length: 70.0mm // Exposure Time: 1/125 // Aperture: f/13.0 // ISO equiv: 100 // Exposure: Manual

Not sure if it works. It's a good picture but not getting the puppet thing. I think you need a better angle, looking more down at her more so that you're the puppeteer with her looking up at you? if you get what I mean.

edit - now you've added more and my post looks silly (i was referring to the first pic)! those are better shots

Not sure if it works. It's a good picture but not getting the puppet thing. I think you need a better angle, looking more down at her more so that you're the puppeteer with her looking up at you? if you get what I mean.

edit - now you've added more and my post looks silly (i was referring to the first pic)! those are better shots

:)

Like them, but i think the strings would look better coming from above (if you are trying to convey the puppet theme).

Also some 'limp' limbs would have helped with the illusion similar to number 2.

Like them, but i think the strings would look better coming from above (if you are trying to convey the puppet theme).

Also some 'limp' limbs would have helped with the illusion similar to number 2.

Yeah its a little tricky to do what with a ceiling n all :) This was the best we could get and tried to create a feel of her being controlled by multiple people.

oo some good uns there - I would've got rid of the 'mark tape' on the floor on the last one though ;)
and the background looks a bit wrinkly on #11.

Wicked shoes in #3 and like the theme (y) #10 - good pose :)

I sorta felt the tape added "something" to the image. Not sure what but I decided not to remove it in that image. Not much I could do about the wrinkly background either.

What were these for Pete? anything in particular? Or just getting some studio experience? (so many questions - tell me to mind my own ...!!!:D:D)

Just experience points really. Girls wanted more modelling xp, photographers wanted more modelling shoot xp. Just about a group of like minded people having a fun afternoon out and getting some good shots really.

Quite quirky and unexpected, nice :) You haven't been watching Naruto have you? :LOL:

Hehe no. I'm a Bleach fanboy :D They were heavily into Japanese things though.

Cool set. I like the puppet concept. she looks like a great girl to work with. Good job with these Pete. Background does need sorting out in a couple of places ... shouldn't be too hard (y)

The light is way too high in number 1.

In numbers 6 and 7 you need to move the hair away from her face on the left side (of the photo), as it creates too many shadows around the eyes and takes away from the look.

Number 10 is almost there. Just need a kicker.

you are using two softboxes that are different shaped?

Just experience points really. Girls wanted more modelling xp, photographers wanted more modelling shoot xp. Just about a group of like minded people having a fun afternoon out and getting some good shots really.

Ah right. Was this something you organised or was it like a 'Master Class' type of thing? A bit daunting if you don't know anyone or did you?:)

The light is way too high in number 1.

Really didn't think about it. Was too worried about working with a girl I'd never met in a room full of people I've never met. I also know very little about correctly positioning studio lighting.

In numbers 6 and 7 you need to move the hair away from her face on the left side (of the photo), as it creates too many shadows around the eyes and takes away from the look.

Thought she looked cute with it :)

Number 10 is almost there. Just need a kicker.

Almost? :(

you are using two softboxes that are different shaped?

The guy who setup the lighting chose it all. I just turned up. So we were using 2 softboxes of different shapes. They may not be technically spot on but for me this shoot was about being comfortable with models, models in fairly skimpy clothes. The key to good portraits is being a great person imho. You never hear a client say "He really knew his technical lighting tweakingness." They say he was a joy to work with and made them feel at ease. Thats the skill I want.

Ah right. Was this something you organised or was it like a 'Master Class' type of thing? A bit daunting if you don't know anyone or did you?:)

There's a group on MySpace for Liverpool models and photographers. Someone there thought it may be fun to organise a group shoot.

I sorta felt the tape added "something" to the image. Not sure what but I decided not to remove it in that image. Not much I could do about the wrinkly background either.

Sometimes pointing a light directly at the background from the side will fix a wrinkly background. The other thing to do is in photoshop apply a slight blur to it.

That's answered my question ;)

They say he was a joy to work with and made them feel at ease. Thats the skill I want.

It always helps if the photographer speaks and directs the models, unless the models are experienced, but they still need to know what the photographer is looking for from the shot. Most importantly, have fun and enjoy ;)

Cool photos. :clap:

Love #6, #8 and #10 especially ! :)

I must get around to using a proper studio rather than my 2 lights and sheets for background affairs i've been used to ;)

It always helps if the photographer speaks and directs the models, unless the models are experienced, but they still need to know what the photographer is looking for from the shot. Most importantly, have fun and enjoy ;)

Yeah. I was glad that I didn't sorta stand there and go "Ummmmmmmmmm, *snap*" I was saying things like "Great. Oooh cool, do that again. Brilliant. And I'm spent" :D

Quite quirky and unexpected, nice :) You haven't been watching Naruto have you? :LOL:

Pete Is very blasphemous towards the best anime In the world.

Pete wears a Monkey hat, yet thought Summoning(the 3rds technque) a monkey Is gay!:eek:

Like #3 and #6 from the 1st set above, but the others don't really work for me I'm afraid.
#10 and esp #11 are superb though :clap:....maybe I just think she looks better in the sunnies :thinking: :D

TBH I don't really mind the wrinkly background, but I am a bit distracted by that bit of tape on the floor in #11 (my fave shot of the bunch) :)

Back