More misty mornings!

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
On the way to work the other morning. This spot is half a mile from the house and the view has often appealed to me.
Struggled to salvage the rather washed out (too much mist!) colour version, so ended up with this b&w version. Comments/suggestions?

Mist04_sml.jpg

Last edited:
:) no one else seems keen on mist - my post has no comments either!

I like it. Think B+W works well and agree the scene is appealing. Like the comp - ESP the church(?) between the trees.

Nice atmosphere and scene however what throws it for me is the 'balance'.

The larger tree on the left and the space on the right leaves the image 'unbalanced' in my mind and eye. Perhaps a crop that includes the whole of the left most tree and no gap on the right would work better for me :)

Hope that all makes sense :)

Nice atmosphere and scene however what throws it for me is the 'balance'.

The larger tree on the left and the space on the right leaves the image 'unbalanced' in my mind and eye. Perhaps a crop that includes the whole of the left most tree and no gap on the right would work better for me :)

Hope that all makes sense :)

I get your gist John.

Tried a crop to the left. Balances the image, but it looses the trees poking up through the mist. Also, treated the conversion to b&w differently.

Mist05_sml.jpg

:) I like it. Think B+W works well and agree the scene is appealing. Like the comp - ESP the church(?) between the trees.

It's Tibbenham church (Norfolk) and is about a mile away from the camera location.

Last edited:
Back