More of Bath @ Night.....

Edit My Images
Yes
Can't say I'm entirely happy with tonights work around town, but it was better than staying in and watching the apprentice and Desperate Housewives!!!!!!

Anyway, in the interests of honesty, thought I'd show you the best of the bunch......

26042006-02-01.jpg

26042006-13-01.jpg

26042006-19-01.jpg

26042006-36.jpg

26042006-68.jpg

26042006-83.jpg

I think the last two are my faves. I'm sure you'll all let me know what you think about them :puke: :puke:

I'm sure you'll all let me know what you think about them

Well going down the page I was thinking.....

Nice
Cool
Nice
Yeah
WOW!!
WOW!!

Not much for the 1st one. The others are very good but the last two really made me situp and take notice - absolutely adore them.

thanks for the positive feedback guys, just goes to show I'm my own worse critic again!

I managed to lose the lens cap off my 10-20mm after taking the 3rd one. Thought I had it on properly, tipped the camera downwards, rapidly followed by the noise 'tink.........tink.........plop!' the cursed thing bounced on the sprung clips twice and into the river!

The last two were another combination of 8 exposures again. 4 for highlights and 4 for shadows, averaged then blended. It helps kep the noise down to a bare minimum and produces quite a clean image, although it can remove texture form the stonework sometimesand sometimes makes edges a bit soft, epsecially if there's a slight breeze or PS doesn't line them up correctly

Bath is a lovely place, but an unfortunate compromise between beautiful architecture, from medieval to georgian periods and brutally ugly 60's concrete architectural atrocities. I'll try to get out at some point and show you all the latter ;)

oh yeah, amd number 3 does have a slight tilt jules, but i got a bit fed up with doing perspective correction by the time I got to that one and thought ' bugger it, the perspective's so out in the rest that nobody will notice that slight tilt' ;)

Some great shots there, As I scrolled down the page they just got better:clap: I was looking at the first one thinking a more dramatic sky maybe to add atmosphere but then just shut up as I got further down the page. well done.

Good stuff! That last one is the one for me - reminds me of a screenshot from Doom 2.

I think numbers 2, 3 and 4 are the best ones.

The last two don't do anything for me at all.

Would have to say my choices would be 2, 3, and 5.

2 has the composition, and the geometry of the architecture is captured very well.
3 shows its dominance ove the surrounding area and the lighting gives it a nice glow.
And 5 because of the sheer awe of the angle and with the dramatic sky looks very gothic, only gripe is that the building is so sharp it contrasts slightly with the softer sky.

Actually do like the style of number 4 but I miuch preferred the wider angle in the other post.

Thanks for sharing(y)

CT said:
Good stuff! That last one is the one for me - reminds me of a screenshot from Doom 2.

Funny you should say that, I was thinking GhostBusters myself;)

A great set of shots, but #3 & #4 are my faves. love the dominant feel of the sky in #3.

Wonderful stuff...they get better as you go through them.

(Although I have to say...when I read the title quickly, I thought it said More of Bath Night!!! :LOL: :LOL: )

good work gandhi (y)
i like 2 and 3 best:)

looking good my man, love the last 2.

All great Ghandi,
I really liked the 1st one, then they just seemed to get better. (y)
I still keep going back to the 1st though...it might not have the 'wow' factor of the last 2 in particular, but I just like it best, dunno why :shrug:

Thanks for sharing,
Rich

no,2 is my favourite, i like the zigzag feel it has to it :)

Janice said:
Wonderful stuff...they get better as you go through them.

(Although I have to say...when I read the title quickly, I thought it said More of Bath Night!!! :LOL: :LOL: )

Now THAT would be an interesting set of shots... :naughty:

minimeeze said:
Now THAT would be an interesting set of shots... :naughty:

Nothing to stop you taking some then. ;)

Look, if you want bathnight photo's then you can have some. I have a remote release and a sturdy tripod!

But it might be a while as it comes but once a year and it's not due til november!

That water reflection shot is amazing! :D

The second last shot have very dramatic looking clouds! :) Parts of the building that are overexposed detracts from the overall photo, imho.

Gandhi said:
Look, if you want bathnight photo's then you can have some. I have a remote release and a sturdy tripod!

But it might be a while as it comes but once a year and it's not due til november!

That is really quite funny (but I have a dirty mind..) <makes mental note to mark November in diary>
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back