More Oulton Park GTs

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I popped along to this event, very much enjoyed myself although the rain on Sunday afternoon was a bit tiresome, not least because I left my coat in the car so I ended up hiding under a tree, running out when the cars came past, and then running back to cover. Last time I went to this event the weather was atrocious as well, though I think the images turned out better this time.

proc_IMGP5487..jpg

proc_IMGP5984..jpg

proc_IMGP5902..jpg

proc_IMGP5565..jpg

After a chat with someone at the Gold Cup I've been trying to practice panning shots at a slower shutter speed than before, and it's getting a little better. I had started edging up towards 1/160 to get at least part of it sharp, but he gave me a few tips that have seen the panning shots come down to 1/60 or 1/80, which does give more of a blur. There's still plenty of work to do, though, as now I'm getting bits of the car sharp, but not as much as I'd like. I just hope I can remember this stuff by the time I get to another event next year, though the GTs are back to being early in the calendar in 2022.

Any comments or critique welcome.

Nice set with a bit of variety. Really like the composition in #4, just needs the shadows bringing up a touch to make the side of the car more visible

Thanks, I'll have a play. My problem is that I tend to get into a habit of doing the same thing to all images, which given the contrast in weather over the weekend is never going to be right for all of them.

Agree with Richard, the fourth shot is the most compelling image of the set, that 911 had such bright lights, you did well to keep them in check!!

Back