More posing Robins

Name
Donna
Edit My Images
Yes
Hopefully I have my previous colour cast problems sorted with these.

TP_DSC4603.jpg

TP_DSC4602.jpg

TP_DSC4595.jpg

TP_DSC4582.jpg

No more Robins for a while - I promise.

Very nice detailed set Donna - do like the pose in 3 & 4 . Colours look good to me.

Work well for me, like Tom, 3&4 press the right buttons.

Lovely shots Donna, but it looks like you have a noticeable green cast to me?

Try setting the wb to 6500K (daylight) which should improve things, but you may need to reduce the green slider a little too.

3920288154_d31ee518c1_o.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely shots Donna, but it looks like you have a noticeable green cast to me?

:agree: But I would really have felt bad for mentioning it Donna :( Cannot fault the shots though and they are as usual from you, a high standard (y)

Well I thought about not mentioning it which is always the easy option, but I'm sure Donna would be prefer to be told they're not right. I can't recall her suffering from cast problems in the past so I'm pretty sure this is something easily fixable when we can pin down the cause.

Well I thought about not mentioning it which is always the easy option, but I'm sure Donna would be prefer to be told they're not right. I can't recall her suffering from cast problems in the past so I'm pretty sure this is something easily fixable when we can pin down the cause.

Lets hope so :) Nothing what a bit of in camera twiddling wont sort out.

Thanks Guys for the comments.
Re the green cast, please do NOT feel bad mentioning such things, its all part of the process of getting it right for me and it is something I need to pay more attention to. The shot was mid-late afternoon with the bird in shadow but the BG still in sun so I suppose the camera auto WB got a bit confused. After my Robin doing a Wren impersonation thread earlier I have manually tweaked these. The Auto settings looked just too warm/magenta so I tweaked manually. I have my PC set to provide Lightroom colour management settings to sRGB but web browsers are set to a much higher colour temp so appear more blue.
Order of the day for me should be less enthusiasm to post and more attention to workflow detail. When I was at work, the Quality Control department regarded me as a bit of a rogue, it takes time for a Leopard to change its spots eh?

Thanks Guys for the comments.
Re the green cast, please do NOT feel bad mentioning such things, its all part of the process of getting it right for me and it is something I need to pay more attention to. The shot was mid-late afternoon with the bird in shadow but the BG still in sun so I suppose the camera auto WB got a bit confused. After my Robin doing a Wren impersonation thread earlier I have manually tweaked these. The Auto settings looked just too warm/magenta so I tweaked manually. I have my PC set to provide Lightroom colour management settings to sRGB but web browsers are set to a much higher colour temp so appear more blue.
Order of the day for me should be less enthusiasm to post and more attention to workflow detail. When I was at work, the Quality Control department regarded me as a bit of a rogue, it takes time for a Leopard to change its spots eh?

:LOL: I was looking at some of your older post Donna and they looked spot on so was just wondering if you had changed something or were trying different methods :shrug: Na keep yer spots they suite ya! :D

It was only that last robin post that had a very noticible green cast to it, much more than these have.

Though it's still noticable, it's not as blatant as the other one.

Could this be a reflection of it's surroundings?

Apart from that, good detail, poses and a nice setting too :)

Beautiful poses and sharp details (y)

Back