More scanning advice needed

Name
You can call me Sir.
Edit My Images
Yes
Only me again,

I got four films back from Peak-Imaging this afternoon and have started scanning them in. I've scanned a slide, 4800 DPI, 3000x3000 pixels output and the compressed file size is only a couple of hundred kb. When opened up in photoshop it's 25MB **** I find an astonishing amount of compression. Is this normal. It is a predominantly black shot so I suppose there's not a great deal of data in there but nothing I've scanned seems to have particularly big file sizes.

Unfortunately I'm going away tomorrow so you'll just have to wait for a while before seeing my latest masterpieces. That and waiting to find out what the streaks are on some of the shots, dodgy film, light leaks or something else?

Oh and one more thing, once developed, is a totally clear slide an overexposed one or an underexposed one?

Only me again,

Oh and one more thing, once developed, is a totally clear slide an overexposed one or an underexposed one?

Under exposed, or never exposed, or if the whole roll is clear, it could be a never developed but fixed.......I've had a couple of those, once my developer was konked, it didn't develope anything then I fixed it :bonk:
The other was a change of developer, I like Ilfosol, its yellow, I was trying ilfotec lc 29, it has no colour.......just like the fixer......I don't think I need to elaborate :bang: :bonk::bang:

It's all greek to me Joxby.

It's not the whole roll that's affected just the last few shots. It's definately something I've done not the lab. If all clear (it's a B&W neg strip) means under exposed it might be from where, like an idiot, I was using a shutter release cable, winding the film on but never cocking the shutter in between frames. :bonk:

If it is all clear Kev look like nothing has exposed on it, leave lens cap on, not cocking shutter may well have caused it.

Not sure about the scanning are you using a flatbed scanner?

If I scan on mine the images are much bigger that that, I double check your settings.

Not much help but it is a Monday type morning :D

Back