More Shoehorns, Cosplay and Steam from LC2 for 2020 : Week 52 - Decorate(d)

Hi Tim

Portraying a graceful geisha. I like the contrast given to the B&W image, but not a fan of that lens of yours. Each to their own.

Pete

Graceful portrait but the odd effect with the apparent narrow dof on the face yet some portions of the background in focus is a bit disconcerting and distracting.

That's one striking image Tim and the processing suits it well.
Cheers Pete.
Hi Tim

Portraying a graceful geisha. I like the contrast given to the B&W image, but not a fan of that lens of yours. Each to their own.

Pete
Jiang Cheng is actually the current leader of the Yunmeng Jiang Sect, and you've assumed gender too...
He's actually bad tempered and murderous !!!

Ah - I thought it was the textures of a broken window when I first saw it and was trying to work out how you'd taken it... This makes more sense! Camouflage is superbly camouflaged as well.

Camouflage: That's certainly well hidden and nicely photographed.
Texture: I really like this. Colourful and shows textures off well.

Air Vent to part of the main water system from the Kempton Park
I'd not thought that it would need an air vent TBH.
I guess its to do with relieving pressure from the system?
Well spotted Tim (y)

some texture as the paint peels off the brickwork
Its fits the bill (y)

Texture - good use of narrow depth of field to highlight the paint and surface, it works really well.

Camouflage
Is that at the Kempton park water treatment works?
I like that metal grill on top.

Texture
A very acute angle, but that does show off the flakey paint. I like the colours in the background too.

Texture makes an interesting, thought-provoking image. The colour combinations work really well.

Like the little bit just peeling off, colourful.
Very nicely hidden for camouflage.
Texture I like the very narrow strip in focus, nice splashes of colour too.
It was the colours that attracted me.
Ah - I thought it was the textures of a broken window when I first saw it and was trying to work out how you'd taken it... This makes more sense! Camouflage is superbly camouflaged as well.
The texture shot is quite odd :), taken along the wall with the shallow focus and choice of focus point like that.
Camouflage: That's certainly well hidden and nicely photographed.
Texture: I really like this. Colourful and shows textures off well.
In all other directions it's hidden in the woods.
I'd not thought that it would need an air vent TBH.
I guess its to do with relieving pressure from the system?
Well spotted Tim (y)

Its fits the bill (y)
I can't find the old map now, but pretty sure it's marked down as an air vent - though pressure relief does seem more likely.
It's funny how you can track the mains by satellite, just by tracking the straight line with almost no building on it.
Texture - good use of narrow depth of field to highlight the paint and surface, it works really well.
Camouflage
Is that at the Kempton park water treatment works?
I like that metal grill on top.

Texture
A very acute angle, but that does show off the flakey paint. I like the colours in the background too.
It's actually on Hounslow Heath, where the main crosses under the River Crane. It is the mains from the waterworks though.
Texture makes an interesting, thought-provoking image. The colour combinations work really well.
Don't you mean.. That's odd Tim ;)

Hi Tim

You must have been up close to spot that, I like the OOF colours in the background and the swallow DOF picks up the texture well.

The local council round here over paints the street art, some of which is really good, there seem to miss the crap stuff.

Pete

Nice art work Tim (y)
And I see that rhinoceroses are still ruling (y)

Kodachrome?
:D
lol, probably Fuji Vivid, but I'm not sure now.
Hi Tim

You must have been up close to spot that, I like the OOF colours in the background and the swallow DOF picks up the texture well.

The local council round here over paints the street art, some of which is really good, there seem to miss the crap stuff.

Pete
Whilst it's not officially set aside for Urban Art, the council don't seem to mind and the place is kept pretty tidy by the artists (you don't **** on your own doorstep). It's off the beaten track. You have to know it's there.
That is good graffiti, great colours too.
Art Clive... Art ;)
Very colourful and varied art work there.
There is quite a lot more and it's ever changing.
I like that Tim. Great colours and well put together.
Ta, I enjoyed putting the image together.

A nice use of colour against the plainer background and spot on focus. I like all the angles on the stairs too.

Hi Tim

She looks like she means business, the angles of the steps really work well as do the colours which add pop to the image.

Pete

A nice use of colour against the plainer background and spot on focus. I like all the angles on the stairs too.
We deliberately went to an urban area for this kind of environment :)
Nice colours and a great pose (y)
Gotta love Fuji Colours.

Totally love this shot Tim, great focus on her eye looking right at you through the scope.
Hi Tim

She looks like she means business, the angles of the steps really work well as do the colours which add pop to the image.

Pete
Assuming Gender are we you two? tut tut, Not very enlightened ;)

Though I'm sure Toby would be pleased to know that you were taken in.

Nice perspective, nicely shoe horned in, train Tim (y)

Back