More studio portrait shots...comments please!

• Thread starter englandshottest2
  • Start date
E

englandshottest2

Some more in-studio portrait shots of my volunteer (lol!)...any comments/in-depth critiques would be most appreciated.

No.1
IMG_8039-1.jpg

No.2
IMG_8151-1.jpg

No.3
IMG_8174-3.jpg

Thanxxx~!

Hi Alex, glad you posted some more. They look a lot different on a black background and I feel would make some good mono shots.
I have to ask what lights did you use, as I can see two catchlights in his eyes. Jjust wondered out of curiosity. :)
These were taken with two Elinchrom (I think 250watts each) flash heads with silver brollies on both, one to each side of the subject. Gave kind of a 'soft' look to the face...as the gentleman is 45+ so tried to favour him! (lol)

I like the 1st shot, though I dont think that kind of 'head in mid-air' would suit everyone.... perhaps some backlighting might have helped define his form.
The subject does have a kind of mystical look about him and the eye contact is nice and strong.

I like the 1st shot, though I dont think that kind of 'head in mid-air' would suit everyone.... perhaps some backlighting might have helped define his form.
The subject does have a kind of mystical look about him and the eye contact is nice and strong.

I must agree with Glo about the first shot - IMO is the best of the set posted - However, I wondered how much it would have enhanced the effect if you had a soft hairlight/backlight as he appears to 'disappear' into the darkness. I bet this shot would look great in Mono and cropped into a portrait just ever so slightly. Good effort though :clap:

I must agree with Glo about the first shot - IMO is the best of the set posted - However, I wondered how much it would have enhanced the effect if you had a soft hairlight/backlight as he appears to 'disappear' into the darkness. I bet this shot would look great in Mono and cropped into a portrait just ever so slightly. Good effort though :clap:

Yea, I can see what you mean...though at that particular point in the studio, i only had on site two flash heads so was kinda stuck! lol

thanx all for the comments up to date...they're always useful!

Back