More timbit hockey!!

Name
Julie
Edit My Images
Yes
Never said I was a sportshooter,lol but here are a few pics of my little man at his hockey game last Saturday. His team is the Maroon colour and he is #88, and yes their team name is "The Canucks" :p Don't mind the wonkey backgrounds,lol :p

timbithockey001.jpg

timbithockey2.jpg

timbithockey003.jpg

He certainly looks like he knows what he's doing on ice! Nice pics - I like the 2nd one the best - shows how small the kids are! :thumb:

Catdaddy said:
He certainly looks like he knows what he's doing on ice! Nice pics - I like the 2nd one the best - shows how small the kids are! :thumb:

Thanks Chris! Actually it's his first year but he's having a blast learning the game. :)

Jules

Much better than last lot Jules. So did you bribe the officials to sit closer or just kick a$$ ;)

DJW said:
Much better than last lot Jules. So did you bribe the officials to sit closer or just kick a$$ ;)

Well I would like to say I kicked a$$ DJW but I didn't,lol. This lot was taken at my son's game, just a regular game like every other Saturday. I was able to stay on the bench with the boys and snap my fool head off like the proud mama I am. The last lot of piccies were taken at "The Aud" which is Kitchener's "Maple leaf gardens' for the "OHL" team here. You can see the difference on the ice surface where their playing. There the games are televised and you have to pay like everyone else for your seat. My boys team was just there for entertainment during intermission. It was kind of a big deal for the little guys to play where the big boys were playing. Us parents were stuck in the back row, cos we didn't pay. Thanks for the comments.

Jules

Braver guy than me to try that Jewel, nice pics :)

Nice shots - you got to be brave to sit that close even at peewee hockey - It certainly brought back memories :) - It's a great game to learn, but finding a rink in Britain that has a team is real hard.

Lets hope he makes as much money as Gretsky - but he might need to add 10 to his number (#99) :thumb:

Allan

Keltic Ice Man said:
Lets hope he makes as much money as Gretsky - but he might need to add 10 to his number (#99) :thumb:

Allan

ahh we can hope eh, that would be nice. He's a lindros fan actually, I'm guessing that would mean nothing to all of you :grinshake hence the #88.

Jewel

jewel said:
ahh we can hope eh, that would be nice. He's a lindros fan actually, I'm guessing that would mean nothing to all of you :grinshake hence the #88.

That explains the #88 - Lindros centre man for the Toronto Maple Leaf's :) - Edmonton Oiler fan myself - but Hockey is such a non sport in the UK that when I played for a UK first team we would hardly draw more that 1000 fans.

Great sport to photo - it speeds up your reactions ;) (watch out for a high speed puck)

Keltic Ice Man said:
That explains the #88 - Lindros centre man for the Toronto Maple Leaf's :) - Edmonton Oiler fan myself - but Hockey is such a non sport in the UK that when I played for a UK first team we would hardly draw more that 1000 fans.

Great sport to photo - it speeds up your reactions ;) (watch out for a high speed puck)

YES!!! He plays for the TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS!! :smilenod: Oilers are a great team too :thumb: Nice to see someone knows a wee bit about hockey around here. :D So hockey isn't much of a sport over there,really? What is "THE" sport?

Jules

jewel said:
YES!!! He plays for the TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS!! :smilenod: Oilers are a great team too :thumb: Nice to see someone knows a wee bit about hockey around here. :D So hockey isn't much of a sport over there,really? What is "THE" sport?

Jules
I'd say it was probably football, but personally not being a fan I don't really see the big attraction.......I really only follow Superbikes, Moto GP and X-Games

BTW Nice pics, although I would be worried standing anywhere not behind a barrier

Yes, unfortunately it does seem to be football (or soccer for yanks), and like Cripple I'm not a fan.

Nothing wrong with the game as such its just the rubbish goes with it such as the fans, the players, their wages, etc. etc. It's just a game, get over it!

Still, back on topic, he looks like he's having fun!

Lovely images that'll be worth loads to you both in years to come.

Back