More time spent with Biggy Siggy

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
Thank you Matt- I noted your comments on a previous shot of a GCG and took it on board, this lovely sunshine helps with IQ I feel + it helps me get put of bed early to go and shoot and drive 30 miles to do it too

Les (y)

Thanks Joe- quite addictive this birding lark ( no pun intended) :LOL:

Les :D

Decent enough clear shots but No 1+2 are let down a bit by the composition. Both need a bit more space on the right to give the impression of somewhere to run/swim into. No 3 works far better in that respect(y)

Thanks for the comments guys- taken on board and will be useful next trip

Les (y)

Decent enough clear shots but No 1+2 are let down a bit by the composition. Both need a bit more space on the right to give the impression of somewhere to run/swim into. No 3 works far better in that respect(y)

I quite like the composition to be honest- but each to their own, as they say

Les (y)

Thank you Paul & Mark

I do appreciate the time you take to comment (y)

Very good - the second is lovely and serene. Liking the action shots! :D

You're most definitely getting the best from yours Les! :clap:
Hit the sweet spot and they're awesome, especially for the price!
Mine practically lives on my 40D at the mo. I'm off down to Weymouth this coming weekend and can't wait to use it down there. :cool:
Keep 'em coming. (y)

You're most definitely getting the best from yours Les! :clap:
Hit the sweet spot and they're awesome, especially for the price!
Mine practically lives on my 40D at the mo. I'm off down to Weymouth this coming weekend and can't wait to use it down there. :cool:
Keep 'em coming. (y)

Thank you I do try I find on mine the sweet spot is f8

I have some lenses and an a700 body up for sale on here to help fund a Sigma 300mm f2.8 and a x2 TC thats gonna sting me for around £2400
mad or what :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Just love this birding

Les (y)

Me too Les!
Something I've never really had much of an interest in before but once you open your eyes and see what's about it becomes addictive!
I finished work at 6 this morning, popped home for a quick coffee then grabbed the camera and siggy and went off out for a couple of hours.
I think F8 is about right on mine too. (y)

Im a Game Keeper so out all day almost every day- the a700 and sigma are always on the seat besde me in the landrover, next to my shotgun, sometimes I dont know which to grab 1st :LOL::LOL:

Wonderful shots les, all look great but I think the GCG has got to be up there as one of if not the best I've seen on here! (y)

Wonderful shots les, all look great but I think the GCG has got to be up there as one of if not the best I've seen on here! (y)

wow , thats praise indeed, only had ths lens for around 6 weeks, still learning how to use it

Thank you very much- Im well chuffed to see that in writing :D

Les ;)

Im a Game Keeper so out all day almost every day- the a700 and sigma are always on the seat besde me in the landrover, next to my shotgun, sometimes I dont know which to grab 1st :LOL::LOL:

Strap them together and link the shutter to the trigger. That would make for some interesting photos (y)

Strap them together and link the shutter to the trigger. That would make for some interesting photos (y)

I doubt either the lens nor the camera would cope too well with the recoil of a 12 gauge with BB fox shot cartidges :LOL::LOL::LOL:

[/B]

wow , thats praise indeed, only had ths lens for around 6 weeks, still learning how to use it

Thank you very much- Im well chuffed to see that in writing :D

Les ;)

ha ha, that is coming from me though, had it been from CT or Kaz etc then it would be worth Sooooo much more :LOL:

ha ha, that is coming from me though, had it been from CT or Kaz etc then it would be worth Sooooo much more :LOL:

No I value all opinions and critique, maybe they were too busy to pop in :LOL: (or just couldnt be bothered lol)

as long as you grab the right one you'll be fine:LOL: i've just got my siggy today been in the garden playing lots to learn, but a cracking lens. great set les.(y)

No I value all opinions and critique

The Grebe shot is good.....but I feel everyone seems to be missing the large burnt out area on the face...not a criticism of you but in view of the high praise it is receiving I could not look without commenting.
It would not be right for you to think it was 100%.

I neither said or thought it was 100% in my defence :shrug:

Second is a beaut, lovely light and gorgeous reflection.
First I would have liked a smidgen more space for him to run into.

Third is a cracker also, but No2 is the winner in my book.

Thank you Les- appreciate you dropping by

Les (y)

Keith, no offence taken buddy :D

Back