More Y Lliwedd

Edit My Images
No
Just a few more from my chilly day out :)

img_9692.jpg

img_9699.jpg

img_9761.jpg

img_9816.jpg

img_9817.jpg

img_9920.jpg

All very nice but my favourites are number 2 & 3
2 as I like the contrast of the grass, and 3 as I love the clouds.

3) for me. Lovely tone layers again and something rather magnificent happening with the clouds.

Magnificent, so good in fact that I can't pick a favourite!

Superb stuff mate - love all of them (esp. 2 & 5). Number 6 really looks odd though, kind of like a PS job.

Ohh yeah, where was my invite! I take it it got lost in the post? :bonk:

dp

Thanks everyone :)

Superb stuff mate - love all of them (esp. 2 & 5). Number 6 really looks odd though, kind of like a PS job.

Ohh yeah, where was my invite! I take it it got lost in the post? :bonk:

dp

Hello mate :)

6 is sunset colours....froze my t&ts off waiting for it too expose....couldn't wait to get into nice warm car at this point :)

Last minute decision on this one. Wednesday saw weather was good. Thu booked day off and went.

Gorgeous, simply Gorgeous.
I wanna go.
If it was Sth Wales I would be there. Sadly its not. :snif:

Las minute decision on this one. Wednesday saw weather was good. Thu booked day off and went.

Hahah - no probs mate. I think I was washing me hair that day anyway, so.......... :D

An excellent series of shots. I like this series better than the last ones, a lot more shots that I like among them.

I think you have got the exposure spot-on in the snow pictures, no blown bits and lots of detail, great stuff:)

An excellent series of shots. I like this series better than the last ones, a lot more shots that I like among them.

I think you have got the exposure spot-on in the snow pictures, no blown bits and lots of detail, great stuff:)

Thanks Strax :)

Just to raise a point on your observations. With most of the shots during the day I actually overexposed with 1 to 2 3rd's trying to avoid the grey snow produced by the auto exposure trying to achieve 18% grey I had read about. Although on closer inpspection with the shots I couldn't over expose for fear of blowout's I didn't see this occur and therefore question if the later digital cameras still suffer from such a discrepancy.

#2 and #5 for me, great contrast between the snow and the grass in #2. Love the clouds in #5 (y)

Another great set of shots. Have really enjoyed looking at them. Tfs!

Thanks Strax :)

Just to raise a point on your observations. With most of the shots during the day I actually overexposed with 1 to 2 3rd's trying to avoid the grey snow produced by the auto exposure trying to achieve 18% grey I had read about. Although on closer inpspection with the shots I couldn't over expose for fear of blowout's I didn't see this occur and therefore question if the later digital cameras still suffer from such a discrepancy.

IMO, yes you still have to overexpose a DSLR in snow conditions.
Anything up to 2 stops but it depends on how much snow is in the frame.
( Histograms are your friend. )

AFAIK the metering in a DSLR is no different from that of a film camera.
Consider using a ND grad upside down if the snow is in the foreground only.

Excellent set of images.
Well exposed and processed.

Oh wow! All great shots. I think no. 3 is my fav, but really they're all great (y)

What a set!! One of the best posted sets I've seen on this site. They are superb with 3 & 5 being, for me, the cream of the crop!

Thanks again everyone :)

Some really nice compliments :embarrassed:

Hi there,
I love numbers 5 & 6 but tbh, they are all good. Had to look at them for ages to pic out favs. I like the way #6 in particular emphasises the beauty and danger of the mountains all at once. Looks Bl***y cold!! Hope you had loads of thermals on :LOL:

Some really nice captures in this set, with regard to the exposure, yes you do still have to compensate but if you forget it can be very quicly fixed in pshop using levels or even auto levels.

Wow - cracking collection. Really really like number 2 :) Nice work!

Liking these a lot, really captured the feeling of being there. (y)

If i had to call a favourite, I'd go for #2 too. Great set of photos (y)

Back