Critique Morecambe beach (with a few edits)

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
221113008-5-XL.jpg

I do like the graduation of the grays in the reflection on the sea and the simplicity of the shot. Also a great sense of the vastness of the landscape with the figure. The placement of the figure is maybe a tad too high and too far to the right in the frame. The clouds top left I would personally clone out, but overall a very pleasing image, well done.

A great example of less is more, really lovely picture Graham, but I do tend to agree with Steve about the clouds on the Top Left, it splits the point of interest between the clouds and the figure on the right?

Geoff

I do like the graduation of the grays in the reflection on the sea and the simplicity of the shot. Also a great sense of the vastness of the landscape with the figure. The placement of the figure is maybe a tad too high and too far to the right in the frame. The clouds top left I would personally clone out, but overall a very pleasing image, well done.

Thanks for making the time Steve, I did crop a bit of the sky out so I will have a go at re-editing tomorrow when I get some time.

:agree: With the above comments

Thanks Mandy appreciate that.

A great example of less is more, really lovely picture Graham, but I do tend to agree with Steve about the clouds on the Top Left, it splits the point of interest between the clouds and the figure on the right?

Geoff
Cheers Geoff when I have a go at re-editing I get busy with the clone tool as well. I appreciate all the help

A very nice image. I wonder how it would look as a panorama, cropping at the level of the textured water, about 1/2 way up the picture

Oh that is so peaceful, a lovely bit of work, Graham.

By and large, I would leave as is, unless you can work a wee bit more of the clouds into the scene?

A very nice image. I wonder how it would look as a panorama, cropping at the level of the textured water, about 1/2 way up the picture

Cheers Mark, had a quick edit.

Oh that is so peaceful, a lovely bit of work, Graham.

By and large, I would leave as is, unless you can work a wee bit more of the clouds into the scene?

Thanks Mike, see below

Had a quick edit or 3

1. Original with a quick edit out of the clouds (my cloning skills not really up to scratch)

morecombe%20edit%20%281%20of%203%29-XL.jpg

2. As above but more of a panorama crop

morecombe%20edit%20%282%20of%203%29-XL.jpg

3. Last one with more clouds

morecombe%20edit%20%283%20of%203%29-XL.jpg

I do like the panoramic shot without the clouds works really well, super shot.(y)

I don't think it's my imagination, but the horizon is horizontal in #3, but not the first two, where it's tilting over to the right :cautious:

3 for me, although I love the tilt in the other two;)

I don't think it's my imagination, but the horizon is horizontal in #3, but not the first two, where it's tilting over to the right :cautious:

I thought that as well. Just very slightly though.

Lovely shot though, I love the simplicity of it(y)

Oops, thanks Rob must learn to check my horizons.
3 for me, although I love the tilt in the other two;)

:LOL: Cheers Mike, at least in superbikes I don;t need to check my horizons.

I thought that as well. Just very slightly though.

Thanks Paul, looks like a bit of tweaking is in order

Back