Critique Morning forest

ntz

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello people,
another attempt to shoot something (with camera :)) in the forest (after my previous unsuccessful attempt) .. I think that previous shot had a light, this shot has a bit of mist and hopefully also some shapes as mentioned earlier that previous shot was missing them ..

thank you very much for any feedback - I am learning thanks to it ..
cheers, ~dan

And you're heading in the right direction! Good shot, B&W maybe?

Reactions: ntz
.. B&W maybe?
I am not much into B&W and especially landscape and nature vistas .. B&W is imho suited much more for an object-oriented photos (often minimalistic compositions), I wanted to show you here the awesome palette of autumn colours in the forest .. Well, as I am thinking of it, I'm sure that less than 2% of my shots go to B&W .. maybe I am biased somehow against it .. will think it through (if I am biased or not :D) .. thank you so much for your input !!!

Very nice woodland style capture, liking this one very much.

• Love
I like this a lot, you have given the viewer two options -
1. Goto the left of the stump into the unknown mysterious mist and gloom of the wood
or
2. Goto the right of the stump and follow the steps up to the safety of thelight
That's my thinking anyway (y)

• Love
I like that. Well done ntz :D

For my taste, my eye is drawn too much to the bottom of the picture with a sort of I'm rolling down a hill effect. Personally I'd cut some space from the bottom and shift everything up a bit. Just my taste and opinion :D

Really nice processing and it's a nice scene, however the eye wanders. There's two separate images in the shot for me, pretty much cropped portrait right down the middle give or take...or a square from the right hand side too.

Really nice processing and it's a nice scene, however the eye wanders. There's two separate images in the shot for me, pretty much cropped portrait right down the middle give or take...or a square from the right hand side too.

Spot on! Just holding a hand in front is really interesting.

I really like this, lovely clarity and very rich in detail.

• Love
Lovely shot! I agree with what others have said, I think a capture of the trees in the mist top left would work really well!

Back