Morning Light / Evening Light

Edit My Images
No
Hello, not long back from a trip to the Isle of Skye. I was involved in a pretty nasty car accident the day before I was due to travel so unfortunately the trip had to be cut short by a few days to give me a chance to recover.

In the end I made it up there, and made it through the pain barrier :D

Here are two images from the trip taken from two familiar viewpoints.

Such a beautiful place and I felt lucky to be able to appreciate the scenery

First Light - Trotternish Ridge
6562_62257874949c6c098422f7.jpg

f/11 | 30mm | 1/4sec | ISO-100 | ND Grad

Elgol - Evening Light
6562_211887425349c6bf1bd1954.jpg

f/11 | 14mm | 1/5sec | ISO-100 | ND Grad

Thanks for looking, any CC more than welcome

Loving them both (y)

You've managed to achieve a nice balanced exposure with the grad.

A real feeling of scale in #1 and great foreground detail and movement in #2.

Sorry to hear of your accident :(, hope you are now mended ok.

Both are absolutely stunning, would have liked a slightly longer exposure on the second, but its still a great image.

Mart.

The first one is fantastic, my favourite nice one :)

Sorry to hear of your accident i hope you have fully recovered.

Superb photographs!!

I would find it very difficult to pick a favourite (y)

Stunning location as well.

Neil

The light of the first is wonderful gives the scene a 3d look. Beautiful.

Steve

Top class as always David, that 1st one is classic. Strangely I find the lake (loch!) a little distracting.
Great foreground on#2.

Thank you very much for the kind words folks, highly appreciated

Loving them both (y)

You've managed to achieve a nice balanced exposure with the grad.

A real feeling of scale in #1 and great foreground detail and movement in #2.

Sorry to hear of your accident :(, hope you are now mended ok.
Thank you very much, still feeling the pain! Although driving 900+ miles (changing gears etc) with a badly sprained wrist probably didn't help things much :)

Both are absolutely stunning, would have liked a slightly longer exposure on the second, but its still a great image.

Mart.

Thank you Mart, appreciate the comment - I have a few variations of this scene with different shutter speeds capturing a bit of motion as the waves receded, settled with this one to bring a bit of action to the scene as well as a prominent lead

Both lovely shots David, it was great to meet up with you again. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip up there and recovering from your injuries:)

Sorry to hear about your accident - I hope your recovery is going well.

As for the pics...absolutely spectacular! Really beautiful - the lighting on the first one is awesome!

If I'd taken them, they'd definitely be gracing some wall space! :D

Can I ask what lens(es) you used for these?

Last edited:
Two lovely photos of two of my favourite places on the planet. Damn you for making me want to go back! :)

Gary.

Both lovely shots David, it was great to meet up with you again. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip up there and recovering from your injuries:)
Thank you very much Susie, yep enjoyed catching up with you guys it was nice to see you again - still uhmming and ahhing over Northumberland in May but I will hopefully make it, keep you posted :)

Sorry to hear about your accident - I hope your recovery is going well.

As for the pics...absolutely spectacular! Really beautiful - the lighting on the first one is awesome!

If I'd taken them, they'd definitely be gracing some wall space! :D

Can I ask what lens(es) you used for these?
Thank you very much! I've got an A3 of #1 sent for framing and mounting which I'll be passing on to my old dear as a birthday present

Lens-wise, I shoot with Canon

#1 was taken with a 17-40L, #2 I used my EF-S 10-22

Two lovely photos of two of my favourite places on the planet. Damn you for making me want to go back! :)

Gary.
Many thanks Gary, hope you get back up there soon bud :)

I'll be back up there in just over 7 weeks (y)

Thank you very much Susie, yep enjoyed catching up with you guys it was nice to see you again - still uhmming and ahhing over Northumberland in May but I will hopefully make it, keep you posted :)

Thank you very much! I've got an A3 of #1 sent for framing and mounting which I'll be passing on to my old dear as a birthday present

Lens-wise, I shoot with Canon

#1 was taken with a 17-40L, #2 I used my EF-S 10-22

Many thanks Gary, hope you get back up there soon bud :)

I'll be back up there in just over 7 weeks (y)

Hopefully be there in June. We have a 2nd week long campervan trip approaching. Just read about the accident, hope you are healing nicely mate.

Gary.

Like them both, great light and colour. Hope you are all recovered now :)

Back