Morning Light

DJW

Edit My Images
Yes
Haven't been out to shoot anything for a while, so dragged this out the archives. Taken with Olympus C3000 Zoom, where I just hanged camera off edge of the bed & shot candid. Much prefer indoor shots using natural light from window, than flash :)

CallumandLibbyv2.jpg

me too, I love natural window light too, although Baz is converting me to bounce flash.

What a special memory, lovely children :)

I love candid photos like this, and try similar shots with my kids, but they're too wily for me now, they know the camera is coming out so treat it as a game of "Lets try and hide and see how long it takes before dad gives up"

Marcel said:
I love candid photos like this, and try similar shots with my kids, but they're too wily for me now, they know the camera is coming out so treat it as a game of "Lets try and hide and see how long it takes before dad gives up"

i just get 2 kids grinning like idiots and a scowling wife:banghead:

cracking shot Dave

Nothing compares to natural light Dave, as you've just shown

Long time now see, still using the Nikon?

Good to see you back Sean....yep still with Nikon...had a shaky moment a few months back with the cracking deals on 20D (which you love I know), but stuck to my guns ;)

Are you still taking your camera everywhere ? Be looking forward to some of your Street photography being shared here.

Marcel said:

LOL....I actually held the camera at arms length, roughly pointing in their direction....which tricks em. Must admit it was easier with a display of shot being taken on the back, unlike DSLRs

DJW said:
Good to see you back Sean....yep still with Nikon...had a shaky moment a few months back with the cracking deals on 20D (which you love I know), but stuck to my guns ;)

Are you still taking your camera everywhere ? Be looking forward to some of your Street photography being shared here.

I do take it every where still Dave, much to the old dears despair:whistle2:

You have a fine camera there i see no need to change, and Zeiss is going to be releasing some lenses for Nikon soon you lucky dog.

What's the score with embedded image linking here Dave? Do you just give a 56K warning ( my pbase files are around 400kb). I know it's 160kb if you upload them direct to the forum, but does the 160kb also apply to image linked shots?

Limit applies if you link image, so URL only at that size :(

The 160k and 800pixel limit applies to all inline shots on the forums :)
If any images are over this, then it's best they're linked to instead of directly displayed :)

Thanks Marcel, so im ok with the link in the previous post yeah?

Seems like a nice little community you have here. Shame i've left it so long, but i'lll make up for it

Cheers

Sean

Oh yeah, you can link to 50 meg shots if you want (although it would be nice if you warn us :p), the rules apply to inline images, to save those on dialup or carrier pigeon connections like matty.

I've seen someone redraw a shot on an EtchaSketch before it downloads to his computer :D

Sean_Mcr said:
I took this shot on Sunday Dave in Manchester Cathedral. The light the light as in your shot, was near perfect. It's 400KB for those on dial up http://www.pbase.com/sean_mcr/image/55437521ect

Ah yes, haven't seen shots of the missus for a while. Great capture. Lucky man having a missus who's willing to be photographed. Mine would rather strangle me 1st ;)

Marianne said:
me too, I love natural window light too, although Baz is converting me to bounce flash.

What a special memory, lovely children :)

It's about capturing special moments.
Natural light give something extra to photos of young children but I find adding bounced flash with a Stoffle diffuser makes a lot of difference and life easier. Trouble is - they are ready for the next exposure.

Back