Morning Moon

Name
Samantha
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys. I got a new lens yesterday and thought I'd go test it out today. As I was walking down to the lake I noticed the moon was still visible so I banged my tripod out and shot this. Bearing in mind this is my first ever attempt at shooting the moon so any advice is appreciated.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi samantha :)

Well youve got it looking like its exposed correctly, those I think theres an awful lot of noise going on)?) can someone clarify who has a decent monitor, mine needs a wash! lol

Its not quite in focus, use a remote shutter or 10-sec delay to dicipate any vibrations, use manual focussing and if you have a live view, zoom in digitally and micro-adjust the focus to get it bang on. :) Maybe slow down shutterspeed and drop the ISO as low as you can too

Hi samantha :)

Well youve got it looking like its exposed correctly, those I think theres an awful lot of noise going on)?) can someone clarify who has a decent monitor, mine needs a wash! lol

Its not quite in focus, use a remote shutter or 10-sec delay to dicipate any vibrations, use manual focussing and if you have a live view, zoom in digitally and micro-adjust the focus to get it bang on. :) Maybe slow down shutterspeed and drop the ISO as low as you can too

I think that's the big mistake I made, I didn't use a timer, I just pressed the trigger! I will keep trying these and hopefully get to perfect them in time

Back