Morning over the Mud at Maldon

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone, First post for some C&C.

These are some of my first shots taken with my new Canon 400D. They are straight out of the camera, no processing.
Thought i would post these so you can tear them apart (in detail please!) and i can learn from them. (y)

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_01611.jpg

Firstly, make sure your horizons are level!

The second one has a lovely sky but that is not enough on its own.. there is not quite enough foreground for my liking.... have you heard of the rule of thirds? Try to get things roughly on the lines of 1/3 vertically or horizontally.
The foregeround actually looks quite interesting in this one and more wouldve been good.

No.3 horizon not level again.

No.4 I love this!!! (y)

No4 is a cracker:clap:
Dean:)

Lots of good advice there from Janice. Number 1 looks soft....need to focus about 1/3rd into the shot to get it sharp from back to front. The reflections on the sea in #3 are a bit burned out.

Number 4 good, but could do with a bit of a sharpen (IMHO).

Firstly, make sure your horizons are level!

No.3 horizon not level again.

Yeah they looked a bit out to me when i got home and on the computer. Dam cheap lightweight tripod im using, spent most of my time wrestling with it. If the tide was in it would of gone for a swim :LOL:

Thanks for the comments Janice, Dino F and photostar_1

I played with no4 in photoshop. Gave it a sharpen (thanks photostar_1) Leveled the horizon (thanks Janice) and gave it a border. Took me all afternoon to do that, but i hope you think it has improved it as it looks a big improvement to me. (y)

Any other C and C welcome.

aha
I thought Janice was a bit harsh (sorry hun)
the horizons look spot on to me
but then - if yiu've levelled them
that'd do it!

like the pics though
and not arf bad for (almost) straight out of camera

Thanks for the feedback mmcp42

The second one has a lovely sky but that is not enough on its own.. there is not quite enough foreground for my liking....The foregeround actually looks quite interesting in this one and more wouldve been good.

Your right Janice, the more i look at no2 the more i think why did i post it :shrug:

I think this image below would of been better for no2, althougth i have cropped the foreground it use's the third rule.

IMG_01011.jpg

Back