Morocco 2019

Lovely set, thank you for sharing :)

Thanks gents.

Nice set,'the demand' is one that invokes questions. :)

It was actually taken in a carpet shop, and the guy in blue was probably the owner. He went to the door, and there were slightly raised voices with the hand coming through the doorway gesticulating quite clearly. I don't think they got what they wanted....

Excellent set Toni!

"Excellent" set of candid street style captures Toni, liking all of these very much.

Great shots. We had a great holiday in Marrakesh, we hope to return at some point.

Great shots. We had a great holiday in Marrakesh, we hope to return at some point.

Thanks Rick.

We had a couple of days in Marrakesh, and it's one city I never want to see again. We came close to getting scammed by a local gang, and other people in our group did get caught and forced to hand over money before being released. Now Essouaira is entirely different, and although we saw anti-tourist protests there and a shopkeeper having a fight with some tourists and their local guide, it never felt so dangerous.

Thanks Rick.

We had a couple of days in Marrakesh, and it's one city I never want to see again. We came close to getting scammed by a local gang, and other people in our group did get caught and forced to hand over money before being released. Now Essouaira is entirely different, and although we saw anti-tourist protests there and a shopkeeper having a fight with some tourists and their local guide, it never felt so dangerous.
Yeah, Marrakesh was certainly 'an experience' we saw a number of fights, but all locals fighting with locals. We ventured to other parts and as you say, they were much nicer.

Back