Morocco Trip

Edit My Images
Yes
Just got back from an amazing trip to Morocco, didn't take nearly as many photos as i would have liked but these are the better few. These are my first photos up and any tips and comments would be great as i don't normally shoot these style of shots.

1. Tower in Marrakech in which they called to prayer every morning at 5, luckily i was only there for a couple of nights
2392711116_78c1233fd9.jpg

2. Tannery in Marrakech
2392710660_96ac7a7dba.jpg

3. Driving heaven? One of the mountain roads leading upto the Kasbah du Toubkal, a mountain resort we stayed in.
2391877337_68fb17cef0.jpg

4. A Berber family in the mountains leading their goats down to the river to drink
2391877011_c1ae7ca6f1.jpg

5. Great views near the place we stayed in the mountains
2392709066_c092e0971a.jpg

6. On a three hour camel trek into the desert to spend a night under the stars, it was fine on the way there but everyone was in pain on the way back in the morning.
2391874777_53ef17084b.jpg

7. Sunrise in the desert after we spent the night their
2391874039_9104d8fe65.jpg

8. Sand dune in the desert
2391873739_34ae518be9.jpg

9. Contemplation
2391873321_4292ced54b.jpg

10. Rocks in the Atlas mountains, taken on the drive back.
2392707020_f3f2c9f1a9.jpg

Sorry they are all quite small as there were so many i didnt want to create a massive post, for bigger versions and a few more photos check out my flickr at,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44179188@N00/

Really nice photos! I just got back from Morocco, it's amazing how many different kinds of scenery you can fit into one country! I really don't miss the towers that sound the call to prayer horribly early in the morning though!

looks like u had a similair holiday to mine last year; spend some time in marakech and then head up to the mountains. we did 5 days in the city and 2 days in imlil in the mountains. i loved every minute of it, would defo go back.
i like your shots too, the tannery one is very interesting.

dont want to hi-jack your thread so here are links to some of my shots rather than posting images:

rue de la kasbah, marakech (where our riad was)
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1261/1404382718_44602b1c08.jpg?v=0

imlil (village in atlas where our kasbah is situated)
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1238/1403497267_241a1eff66.jpg?v=0

atlas mountains
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1216/1403497473_40c51d4cec.jpg?v=0

cheers

dave

Thanks for the comments, any tips for improving them at all?

Yeah those towers were annoying by the end of the trip, in the mountains there were three that all went off one after the other, and we slept on the roof so got woken by those.

I recognise where you took some of your shots i think discodavor, the one of imlil is a little way up from the carpark, you make a sharp turn right and that is looking up the road, then you turn left after that to get up to the Kasbah?

And the one of the atlas mountains was taken from the terrace of the Kasbah? That place is amazing, we slept on the terrace of the conference room most nights which was really good.

I spent three nights in Marrakech, three in Imlil (Kasbah), three at a hotel in Zagora on the edge of the desert, then one night camping actually in the Sahara.

Definitely an amazing country if anyone gets the chance to go, do it.

Thanks for the comments, any tips for improving them at all?

Yeah those towers were annoying by the end of the trip, in the mountains there were three that all went off one after the other, and we slept on the roof so got woken by those.

I recognise where you took some of your shots i think discodavor, the one of imlil is a little way up from the carpark, you make a sharp turn right and that is looking up the road, then you turn left after that to get up to the Kasbah?

And the one of the atlas mountains was taken from the terrace of the Kasbah? That place is amazing, we slept on the terrace of the conference room most nights which was really good.

I spent three nights in Marrakech, three in Imlil (Kasbah), three at a hotel in Zagora on the edge of the desert, then one night camping actually in the Sahara.

Definitely an amazing country if anyone gets the chance to go, do it.

yes we were staying at the kasbah in imlil, the terrace has the most unbelievable views! we actually stayed in riad dar imlil which is run by the kasbah. so rather than walking, or rock climbing :p, up the path for dinner or use the steam baths we got the mules up, quite an experience. i loved marakech, will definately be going back.

dave

yes we were staying at the kasbah in imlil, the terrace has the most unbelievable views! we actually stayed in riad dar imlil which is run by the kasbah. so rather than walking, or rock climbing :p, up the path for dinner or use the steam baths we got the mules up, quite an experience. i loved marakech, will definately be going back.

dave

Ahh yes that walk was pretty steep, had all our luggage taken up by mules but we walked. The steam baths were really relaxing, although the womens ones had a plunge pool that the mens didnt!

I wasn't so keen on Marrakech with all the hustle and bustle, people trying to sell you ANYTHING and constantly being called fish and chips, its an amazing place but you have to be aware of whats going on the whole time, we were followed by a pick pocket for a while aswell.

Zagora and the desert was probably the best place for me, a night under the stars was just amazing. The locals that travelled out into the desert with us, sang around a campfire whilst we were served mint tea, really was unbelieveable. I definitely want to go back aswell.

Back