weekly morpheus75 week 52 2013 *** week 16-21 added ***

Hi and welcome back (y)

Angles on theme and an interesting perspective. Sky does detract and I might have been tempted to remove it all together.

Rustic, doesn't say rustic to me and the sky is again an issue. Looks like a cracking place, though.

Kind, on theme but a few distractions.

Vertical, yeah I guess he isn't. I did wonder if it was a statue or street art. Not sure if I can see the pole holding him up inside his right ankle :thinking:

Pattern, cracking detail in the stone. Pity is isn't symmetrical.

Movement, like it. Quite sharp and I really like the red section at the bottom.

Good catch up.

Cheers.

thanks for the comments. now just need to catch up with 'below'...

Hi Morph, sorry to have been slow in commenting. You did a great catchup there!

Angles: a well-composed shot, bang on theme, lots of nice leading lines around. My eye was looking for a point of interest at the top right thirds intersection, but if it's not there, nothing you can do I guess!

Rustic: doesn't quite have the ruin-as-shambles idea of rustic for me, more of a ruined palace, but it's still a nice photo. Although the light's a bit flat, the cloudy sky really helps.

Kind: strange how much the rope/wire round the cannons helps this photo!

Vertical: I believe there's not a vertical line in it! I assumed this was some kind of statue, but I'm bamboozled as to how a person could do that. The colours add a lot here too. Nice shot.

Pattern: really like this, although there's a hint of being blown out just off centre. Nice, intricate patterns.

Movement: you've clearly been practising your panning skills, well done there!

Back