Most overrated band?

Another guitarist I would rate highly, Chris Spedding. I only really knew of his chart record Motorbiking, until I found out a lot more recently he played guitar on Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds and still tours with the show.

Any love for Nuno Bettencourt?

Any love for Nuno Bettencourt?

Maybe we should start a thread for the best guitarist you never hear of. ;) A couple of my faves for this category are Warren Mendonsa/Black Strat Blues and Ed Degenaro, although Andy Timmons has to be in there as well. And Aynsley Lister. And... and...

It would be a long list.

Maybe we should start a thread for the best guitarist you never hear of. ;) A couple of my faves for this category are Warren Mendonsa/Black Strat Blues and Ed Degenaro, although Andy Timmons has to be in there as well. And Aynsley Lister. And... and...

It would be a long list.

Les Paul?

Biggest influence on rock guitar -------- Link Wray ?

Maybe we should start a thread for the best guitarist you never hear of. ;) A
Bettencourt was just last year on the Generation Axe tour with Steve Vai, Zakk Wylde, Yngwie Malmsteen and others depending on their own bands touring commitments.

After seeing UFO last month and Paul Raymond dying a week later, I have just heard that Paul Tonka Chapman suffered a stroke a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately he is recovering.

Last edited:
Never floated my boat tbh. Once In A Lifetime was the first track I heard from them, it set a standard in my mind that no other track of theirs matched, IMVHO.

Respect though, they did OK out of it.

Fair enough, I'm not a massive fan of Talking heads, but I like those 2 tunes, though I'd agree, Once In A lifetime is probably the best of the 3. I'd also say that David Byrne's best work was probably done with Brian Eno on My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts.

Back