Most realisable trigger for Elinchrom 500 BRXi

Edit My Images
No
I already have a skyport but I would like to get a second alternative trigger that is reliable and can also be used when working with off camera flash.

Any suggestion that you all can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Lots of options for a basic manual trigger, all fairly reliable these days. Standard answer is Yongnuo RF-602 or RF-603, but the Yonguo RF-603 Mk2 looks like it will be the new favourite http://flashhavoc.com/new-yongnuo-rf-603-ii-coming/ Whatever you get, it'll need a cord with 3.5mm jack for the Elinchrom. Or you can get extra Skyport receivers.

Consider YN 622 is you want auto-TTL control of speedlite guns.

Why do you want something different? The Skyports are fine with OCF too.

AlthoughI agree the Yongnuo are also excellent

What is wrong with the skyports? What flashes are you planning to use them with?

Price, and Skyports don't have remote wake-up. They're great with Elinchrom heads though, including remote power adjustment, but only with Elinchroms.

To be honest I run a photography group and I need an addition trigger to facilitate two photographers working at the same time without having to keep swapping triggers.

To be honest I run a photography group and I need an addition trigger to facilitate two photographers working at the same time without having to keep swapping triggers.

The Yongnuo are cheap and reliable and would be fine for your needs, as would Phottix etc. shop around and see what you can get at best price.

Lee you can buy second hand skyports very cheaply

Back