Mother Mountain

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
No
Desperately trying to improve my landscape photography, I took a trip to Derbyshire yesterday and drove to Mam Tor.

Would love to hear your opinion on these pictures all shot from the Blue John Caverns side of the mountain.

Very strange weather indeed up there...One minute dense cloud, the next brilliant sunshine.
All the time a very strong icey wind blowing, so I was unable to set up my tripod.

1 In sunshine
Mam_Tor6_800.jpg

2 In cloud
Mam_Tor7_800.jpg

Mam_Tor_Summit_800.jpg

4 View of the summit
Mam_Tor1_800.jpg

5 View towards Castleton
View_from_Mam_Tor_8001.jpg

Thanks
Anthony

Like #3, and in #5 my eyes keep getting drawn back to the first post so i miss the rest of the pic if you know what i mean:shrug:

Nice set of photos, I was parked in the very same spot as you were for the sign post of Mam Tor. When I was there the other weekend there were loads of guys jumping off Mam in parachute glider type things.

Nice set of photos, I was parked in the very same spot as you were for the sign post of Mam Tor. When I was there the other weekend there were loads of guys jumping off Mam in parachute glider type things.

Thanks very much mate :)
It's a lovely place isn't it?
Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time to have a proper ramble, but hopefully will be back there soon trying to captue it.

no. 5 is definitely the best of the bunch. Much more interesting sky, a big perspective and a good lead in line. Shame it was a hazy day, but theres not much you can do about that.

Compositionally, No 5 is the best, the FG post anchors the image very well, with the fence providing a nice lead-in.

Big problem is the halo around the FG post, it distracts quite a lot.

No.5 is the best for me, the large fence post is slightly distracting, the sky is great and it's very well exposed.

i agree no5 like an idiot tryed looking to see were posts lead:wacky:

Back