Moto GP from behind the fence

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Haven't finished sorting through all my shots from the weekend but here is a little taster of what I captured while dodging the men in orange vests:naughty:

MotoGP_Silverstone_2013_pic_10.jpg

Had to be #1 well done George!

MotoGP_Silverstone_2013_pic3.jpg

How did I get this close:naughty::naughty::naughty:

MotoGP_Silverstone_2013_pic_7.jpg

Great Scott, I shed a tear when he won @ Donnington & I shed another on Sunday fantastic performance(y)

MotoGP_Silverstone_2013_pic_12.jpg

Stay on line

MotoGP_Siverstone_2013_pic_6.jpg

At least he's on the bike:clap:

MotoGP_Silverstone_2013_pic_11.jpg

Crash magnet strikes again:D

Ok a few more for G4S:LOL:

MotoGP_Silverstone_2013_pic_2.jpg

Get it up there

MotoGP_Silverstone_2013_pic_8.jpg

Feel the pressure

MotoGP_Silverstone_2013_pic_4.jpg

Goes well...in a straight line:LOL::LOL::LOL:

MotoGP_Silverstone_2013_pic_1.jpg

Wonder if getting your elbow down cures a dose:eek:

MotoGP_Silverstone_2013_pic_5.jpg

Don't scuff them sliders

MotoGP_Silverstone_2013_pic_9.jpg

The new Rossi?.....just wait till his brother rock up & spoils the party

Fantastic shots GPmoto. I really love number 11! I'de be interested to see what kit you was using if you wouldn't mind spilling the beans? :) I was there saturday for the qualies, i only have a entry level with a 70-300mm, so im rather impressed what i managed to get out of the kit. Still got rather a lot of improving todo with this body i think, some photos on this thread from the qualies if you want too see them. http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=504279

Very impressed GP! Keep it coming :)

Nice work Gary, love the rear tyres in #1 & #9. Colours look a little saturated on my monitor.

Cracking selection of shots, missed it this year, gutted.

You nailed #1 (y) thats very nice..
Glad it wern't just me who found G4S a pain !!
Clive.

Oooooh lurvely Gary!

#1, #8 and #9 but think its got to be #1 of Jorge for the win here (y)

1 and 12 for me, the blue in the no.3 Redding shot looks a little overdone though, might be my screen? What lens were you using? EXIF shows 500mm.

Good stuff Gary! I like #1, #7, #8 and #9.

I find the Gino Rea shot interesting just to see his riding style. He's like a spider! :)

Lovely stuff, well caught on 6 but 7 is my fav.

Wow what a great set. #1 and 3 for me, the colours and the sharpness are great.

Thanks Spike....The sun was thankfully right overhead in both these shots & not reflecting back off the catch fencing.

Fantastic shots GPmoto. I really love number 11! I'de be interested to see what kit you was using if you wouldn't mind spilling the beans? :) I was there saturday for the qualies, i only have a entry level with a 70-300mm, so im rather impressed what i managed to get out of the kit. Still got rather a lot of improving todo with this body i think, some photos on this thread from the qualies if you want too see them. http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=504279

Very impressed GP! Keep it coming :)

Cheers Samuel, I'm a bit lucky as I have all the kit you need for shots like these.I have a choice between a 1d mk4 or 7d which also gives great options for cropping & all the shots were with a 500mm f4 which is a lens you really need at Silverstone.

Nice work Gary, love the rear tyres in #1 & #9. Colours look a little saturated on my monitor.

Thanks Neil, all given a very quick pp in photoshop elements but due to shooting through fences I deliberately over exposed some shots which would require some extra tone & shadow adjustments.

Cracking selection of shots, missed it this year, gutted.

I've been a regular since 2000 great event when it was at Donny just seems to have lost the spark now its at Silverstone

Lovely job bud, really really like #1 :clap:

If #2 is Stowe I think I know how you got so close:)

And good to see you got to the inside at Vale:clap:

Thanks Graham...was very lonely shooting at Stow & Vale, found out why lunch time Friday after a little ride back to Lufeild with G4S:nono::rules:

Fantastic set
Great set Gary :clap:

Thanks for your comments

You nailed #1 (y) thats very nice..
Glad it wern't just me who found G4S a pain !!
Clive.

I thought things were going to well on Friday morning, started out at the Loop the headed down to Stow & Vale thinking blood hell I've got the place to myself....well I did till lunch time then G4S turn up.

Oooooh lurvely Gary!

#1, #8 and #9 but think its got to be #1 of Jorge for the win here (y)

Thanks Andy,the sun & G4S were a pain

1 and 12 for me, the blue in the no.3 Redding shot looks a little overdone though, might be my screen? What lens were you using? EXIF shows 500mm.

Cheers Craig, yes was using a 500mm f4 with either 1d mk4 or 7d body, the sun was directly overhead for the shot of Scott & as I was shooting through the fence I've gone fore a wide aperture which slightly over exposes the shot & I think this might have affected my usual pp.

Good stuff Gary! I like #1, #7, #8 and #9.

I find the Gino Rea shot interesting just to see his riding style. He's like a spider! :)

Thanks Rob, Geno is a legend after Saturday qualifying he was waving to the crowd with his left hand while still managing to get his right elbow on the deck round Lufield...if anyone has a shot can the please post it up!

Lovely stuff, well caught on 6 but 7 is my fav.

Cheers Mike, no sun, no fence & no G4S in #7

Excellent Gary, love the angle of #8(y)

Thanks Nick

Back