Moto-GP

Edit My Images
No
Any Moto-GP fans on here, and, are looking forward to the start of the season as much as I am?

I took these at Donnington Park two years ago. Donnington has got to be the worst track in the country for good photography unless of course you can get with the pro's on the infield.

I stood on the top of the bank as they exit the 'Esses' which is just about the only place you can get close...ish and see over the fence.

I particulary wanted the Suzuki of Hopkins and obviously Rossi but got probabaly all the riders I wanted.

Hop.jpg

Ross.jpg

Nice shots!(y)

Really looking forward to the start of the season too - I hope JT does well in his first GP year, although I suspect Casey will be pretty dominant again...:)

Nice shots!

I was watching the official practice session this morning... wetted my appetite for 2 weeks time... and then I saw the first WSB meet, FANTASTIC!

I so missed the racing over this winter..

I love most forms of road racing (BSB, WSB, Moto GP) but Donnington is such a poor place to hold the UK's premier bike racing event. The facilities are so bad, and when it rains (and it always seems to) it turns into a bog.

Last time I took the car it took almost 4 hours to get out of the car park, and I don't like taking my DSLR on the bike, just in case.... I'd prefer to see Moto GP on the F1 circuit at Silverstone - they can make it a decent event, the facilities are excellent and it's not stuck out of the way in the back of beyond.

Nice pictures though, and I probably will return this year as I'm a big JT fan, and will hopefully have some VIP tickets for this years event...

Yeah but have you heard MotoGP is maybe going to Silverstone :(

Silverstone is a very nicely turned out facility but those stupid (F1) fences and a flat boring track make it horrible!

But where could you realistically hold MotoGP in the UK? Donnington, Silverstone, Rockingham or Brands... I'd love to see Brands but I don't think it will ever happen in a million years because of the politics of it all :(

I am suprised I only used 2 N's actually :D

I Cant wait until the start of the season....:) Love the bikes and sister is into business travel and will hopefully get me some decent tickets as she knows Troy CORSER fairly well !!! :) Top Bloke...

Hope all avid supporters are in the MCN Fantasy Race competition...

Hope to get some great shots this year with all the new lenses I have invested in !! ;)

I love the second picture because you can see the front tire lifting off from the tarmac. These guys definitely don't hold back.

Yes looking forward to the start of the season and also to the Road Racing over here in Ireland. Mick like the shots very good

sister is into business travel and will hopefully get me some decent tickets as she knows Troy CORSER fairly well !!! :) Top Bloke...

He is a nice guy actually - I was very impressed when I met him at Brands last year, genuinely had time to talk to people.

If last weekend is anything to go by, hopefully he should have a good season... but I suspect its going to be a very Ducati dominated year..unless the handicapping rules work out the way they should!

I went last year and it was freezing!!!

pics here

dont think the " so called greatest" will race as he wont be able to get a contract to say that his team mate cant beat him!!

went to the first WSB race at silverstone... it poured it down! we thought the races were boring to watch because the track isn't very interesting.

the facilities at donington might be of a poor standard, but the circuit itself is top notch, well IMHO that is...

the facilities at donington might be of a poor standard, but the circuit itself is top notch, well IMHO that is...

Yup 100% with you on that one. And surely the thing should be about on track entertainment not how many toilets there are...

Yup 100% with you on that one. And surely the thing should be about on track entertainment not how many toilets there are...

I agree that it's a great circuit, but it turns into a bog when it rains (as it always does!) and trying to get out of the car park is a joke. It's a good 90 minutes drive from me, add to that the 3-4 hours of getting out of the car park and you'll understand why I hate the place. But I'll probably go this year just for the sake of cheering on Toseland.

Now there is a nice bloke. I had the chance to meet him as I managed to get some VIP tickets at Brands WSB last year. He signed a photo I took of him at the year before, and as it was a mates 40th Birthday the following weekend, so signed a second one saying "Happy 40th Nick". It made a great present for him. Top bloke !

Steve

Yeah JT is also a nice guy who has time for the fans... I couldnt believe how much time he spent with everyone at Brands last year. For someone who was under a lot of pressure from both media and fans he really made more than a 100% effort to please everyone.

Donington (one N!) is a bit of a sh*t hole though - I remember Monsters of Rock and the mud bath it was LOL!

Back