Motocross Mallory Park 13-03-10

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
Went to the 1st round of the Thundersport GB with wack61, matt sayle and Hutch 93. We were pleasantly surprised to also have a Motorcross race to take pics of as well.

1st attempt for me so any C&C appreciated

809725845_F7p5t-L.jpg

809725452_kMP8s-L.jpg

809725997_HnwyJ-L.jpg

809726126_23QSi-L.jpg

809726198_V6RVC-L.jpg

809726052_BVYGu-L.jpg

Steve

Well what a day for you can't believe it was your 1st attempt no.2 is fantastic you will be hooked now will have to take you to Lee Dell. Paul and Sharon. :clap:

Good set. Think you got some better ones on the website.

Great set Steve, #2 Is stunning, Hope the black things are birds and not dust bunnies.:LOL:

Not bad for your first MX outing!

You might want to consider some faster shutter speeds if you go again though - the slow speeds we all use for track stuff aren't nearly so effective for the mud flinging world of MX.

You might want to consider some faster shutter speeds if you go again though - the slow speeds we all use for track stuff aren't nearly so effective for the mud flinging world of MX.

Funny you say that, as I sell on site, the bulk of photos are high shutter speed, as thats what the riders want, but when I get time I do prefer the slower ones

2 for me!

Thanks Carl

No,1 is stunning, just the right motion blur for me :) for me No.2 needs the ground to give a referance point to really show the height, but still a cracking shot, and difficult to expose i guess!

bob :)

Thanks Bob. Was a bit tricky getting the exposure right and I only kept a handful of the ones I took of bikes in the sky

you'll be hooked

I'll definitely be having another go at some point, thanks

Great set Steve, #2 Is stunning, Hope the black things are birds and not dust bunnies.:LOL:

Thanks Ric. Very large sticky dust bunnies which I found out when I got too close :eek:

Thanks, will consider it for the future (y)

Sometimes a slow shutter can work, but unless they are airborne the lumps and bumps that are always present really screw it up IMHO. You can get some nice slow shutter jumps and chuck in some (off camera) flash and it gets mad!

MX is probably my fave subject to shoot, because there is just so much going on that you don't get bored.

as said No2 :clap: has he landed yet?

Thanks Martin

Sometimes a slow shutter can work, but unless they are airborne the lumps and bumps that are always present really screw it up IMHO. You can get some nice slow shutter jumps and chuck in some (off camera) flash and it gets mad!

MX is probably my fave subject to shoot, because there is just so much going on that you don't get bored.

It was an impromptu session as I had gone for the circuit racing and wasn't aware the MX was on. I will take note of the suggestions and apply them next time I go.

Nice panning on #1 and good aerial shots on #2 and #5. The rest are also good, but a bit closer cropping on #3 might be OK. MX is difficult to get everything right, but these are a great intro.

Ed

Cracking shots, as has been said several times # 2 is very good - huge air, :clap:

Back