Yes
Just posting a few from a very tiring day! All shots with my 350d and 70-300is

Please 'scuse the fence

All comments most welcome!

1 Where better to start that with 'The Doctor'

2 Randy de Puniet

615905904_2fbf26e8bf_o.jpg

3 Toni Elias

4 Nicky Hayden (just after he picked himself up from the kitty litter) fair play to him though

5 chris Vermeulen

6 Hopper

7 A grass-tracking post kitty-litter Anthony West

8 Marco Melandri

9 Dani Pedrosa

10 Loris Capirossi

11 Casey Stoner

12 A great ride from Casey for the Win

all comments welcome and needed!

Pretty much perfect shutter speed and panning ability combo with these... :)

Composition is a bit hit and miss though, some are good others (like the first one) are framed badly IMO, you need to either crop tighter onto the rider or leave a bit of space for the bike to run into...

But, the amount of motion conveyed is fantastic. Great work... :clap:

Great shots to be proud of in terms of clarity. May have been better to try and capture the weather conditions as well which would have added a bit more depth to the images, but in terms of capturing a whos who of motoGP youve got them spot on!

thanks for the comments guys... I We got there a bit late and this was the best place I could find for any sort of decent shots through the fence!

I had the missus with me as well so I couldn't move about too quick coz the ground was so muddy and slippery

Composition is a bit hit and miss though, some are good others (like the first one) are framed badly IMO, you need to either crop tighter onto the rider or leave a bit of space for the bike to run into...

Hi Dreeder

I did have to think about the composition (its still one of the things i need to work on!)

most of these shots were taken at 90degrees through the fence and I struggled late last night in cropping them

how much space at the front would you leave them to ride into?

Looks like a pretty good set of blokes on bikes to me (y)

Shame there's not a set of bloke off bike .. heading towards cat litter ... plop .... :D

Nice set of shots, I like No 14 Vale. The last ones ar better not crppped as tight as the first lot. Well done.

Very nice shots, great panning technique there. :clap:

thanks a lot guys...

I do need some help with my cropping and general composition

Most of these shots are a centre crop from the original (most of whick have the bike centre-ish!)

have I cropped them ok or should I change some?

As for cropping/composition, i doubt there are any hard and fast rules, maybe the Rules of Thirds could be applied, in which you put the bike central on one of the two 1/3rd lines... Like this example.. maybe...

BikeComp.jpg

Great angles you've got there, where were you watching from? Aren't the Honda's an odd shape! And I never realised the Suzuki's had suck a fat arse!

dreeder, thanks for that. I'll try to give them more room in front

what about angles?

Hi Joe

thanks for the comments

this shot is at 200mm and is straight outof the camera (just a re-size)

most were shot at 200-300

A great set of sports action shots Richard ... (y) ... all the technique comments have been made but you have some super shots to view there ... :clap: ... especially for those of us who love the sport but weren't able to go ... :shrug:

:p

Good set, especially considering the fences you have to contend with at Donny.

In terms of composition, #14 stands out as the best of the bunch. Although, I still think he could be placed lower in the frame.

:)

Back