MotoGP LeMans best corner

Name
Mathew
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone

i am going to MotoGP LeMans this year. i am wondering which are the best corners to get decent photos... i am looking at doing some panning shots and braking into corners if i can get a decent spot

i have tickets for a grandstand but unsure at the moment which stand as a friend bought the tickets (a friend has the tickets)

i currently have a sigma 50-500mm on a Nikon D300s

thanks guys

I've been a couple of times and love it there, my personal favourite spot is Le Chapelle (Spelling), you can stand on the embankment and get some shots where they are travelling at sensible speeds without any fences in the way (In that respect its the same as most circuits, poxy fences everywhere)
If you carry on walking around from there to the next corner you can get them hard braking into the next corner, both these spots are very popular and people aren't shy about getting in the way.

In fact walking from Le Chapelle around to the second to last bend (Both sides) there are reasonable spots but the last corner is triple fenced and near impossible to get anything.

Last time I went the grandstands were free but the circuit doesn't shut on the saturday night and you will have a few die hards with sleeping bags get the best spots, last time I went I managed to get a seat over looking the pits and podium.

Food isn't cheap but it was one of the better circuit lunches I have had. Are you camping? If so only go to the red camp site if you are brave, it's basically an overflow carpark of loose gravel which makes for uncomfortable sleeping and the noise in the camp site is second only to Muggello.

Enjoy, I nearly booked myself this year but I couldn't get the leave so I am going to Assen instead.

Here are a couple of random photos, not the greatest because I broke my 100-400 on day one :(

Casey Stoner by Roland Patrick, on Flickr

Hayden by Roland Patrick, on Flickr
The Garage by Roland Patrick, on Flickr

I used to like geting down the hill from the Dunlop bridge and getting the bikes on the skyline as they crested it - I only ever did 24-heures moto though.

Back