MotoGP

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Thinking of going to Valencia in November for the last MotoGP of the season, but looking at pictures of the circuit on the 'net, it does not appear to be very 'photographer friendly'.

Has anybody any experience of this circuit to either prove or disprove my thoughts please ??

Thanks in advance, Paul

I've been there once, if you going as a spectator I don't think it is very 'photographer friendly' (most of the nice photos can be taken from the inside of the track IMHO) but depends also on whether if you will have to sit in one place for all day or if you'll be able to move around.

I've been there once, if you going as a spectator I don't think it is very 'photographer friendly' (most of the nice photos can be taken from the inside of the track IMHO) but depends also on whether if you will have to sit in one place for all day or if you'll be able to move around.

You may be the person I'm after James !!

I would want to move around the track, particularly Friday/Saturday and take shots from various angles/positions.

Looking at pictures online, it would appear you can only go into the trackside grandstands.

Are you saying you CAN move around the outside/inside of the track please ??

Ta, Paul

I'm not sure how is it going to be at Moto GP, but generally on friday with a general admission ticket you should be able to move around, the problem is that at Valencia as far as I remember the public is allowed only on the grandstands

Im off there to, for Friday and sunday. Went there a couple of years back when f1 tested there. Grandstand only from whst I recall. No monopods last time I went. Going to go through my f1 shots to see which stands I got in and what shots I got from then. Friday probably will be your best bet for different shots as you may be allowed in various stands as its free practice. But race day is allocated seating etc. Plus I've got a feeling its going to be packed. From a spectactors point of view its a nice track as you can see most of the track from most of the stands. But from a photographers point of view it aint that nice.
To be honest with you if the rest of the season is anything to go by I dont intended on taking many pics on the Sunday haha

Many thanks for your input. Think I will give it a miss as you have confirmed that it is not a good track to wander around and get some shots from.

Paul

Last edited:
Back