Motor bike background inspiration

Edit My Images
No
I have a few old motor bikes to sell and need some inspiration for an indoor background any top tips?

white or black depending on the colour of your Motorcycle- post an image it might help :)

Les

TBH, I reckon that sort of background suits most bikes better than a plain one. Anyone who's interested in the bikes will either come to see it/them in person or ask for more detailed shots of the pertinent areas. Strategically placed piles of leaves might reduce the signs of incontinence that most bikes of that age show too!

TBH, I reckon that sort of background suits most bikes better than a plain one. Anyone who's interested in the bikes will either come to see it/them in person or ask for more detailed shots of the pertinent areas. Strategically placed piles of leaves might reduce the signs of incontinence that most bikes of that age show too!
I agree with Nod, indoor backgrounds and studio lights might be a bit pretentious for a bike like that, which is very nice BTW.

IF the bikes are showroom like restorations then maybe a sterile studio would be a good choice but if they're all as honest as that Fanny B., that background is pretty ideal. Have a look at the small ads in Classic Bike to see what other people use. Of course, the pictures could be for an auction house, in which case I'd ask them what they want.

I'd say keep the bike away from any backgrounds and use a fairly wide aperture to blur the background a bit - it doesn't need to compete with the bike.
An old house, a country lane ideally on a overcast day would be what I'd try to use.

That dirty old wall works really well. But the bike is out of focus.

Thanks I know Its out of focus its just a phone pic. I have mocked this up for inside whats your thoughts? I wonder if the signs help or hinder it? We need an inside space as its usually raining

Attachments

• 919E25BE-C1AC-4A8C-9E39-8ADE4CD32ABE.JPG
    919E25BE-C1AC-4A8C-9E39-8ADE4CD32ABE.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 14
Personally, I'd lose the signs and possibly even the bench so the bike stands out better. Many (?most!) elderly bikes are dark coloured so details will get lost against the dark bench. For "portraits" of the bikes, the bench would be a useful prop (once the modern stuff was cleared off it!) but as a background to "for sale" pics, less so. IMO, of course!

If you have a quick look at https://www.speedthrills.co.uk/ , you can see that they use a fairly plain background for their shots and they do quite well from them!

Personally, I'd lose the signs and possibly even the bench so the bike stands out better. Many (?most!) elderly bikes are dark coloured so details will get lost against the dark bench. For "portraits" of the bikes, the bench would be a useful prop (once the modern stuff was cleared off it!) but as a background to "for sale" pics, less so. IMO, of course!

If you have a quick look at https://www.speedthrills.co.uk/ , you can see that they use a fairly plain background for their shots and they do quite well from them!
Again, I agree with Nod. The best background for a "for sale" shot is an uncluttered one that doesn't compete for attention.

Consider that Thruxton sold - I'll stick the tenner in the post on Monday!!!

Unlike most of them, it's got (relatively!) high bars and gloss paint. I'd prefer a black one but could live with the grey and a set of cases is just over £400 including fitting.

Enjoy it as much as I would!!!

In the first shot, I would have cropped down to just below the top of the wall.
The bike seems a wee bit cramped in the frame so maybe a landscape orientation would have helped - but then you would have included all the bits and pieces to the right of the bike.

Unlike most of them, it's got (relatively!) high bars and gloss paint. I'd prefer a black one but could live with the grey and a set of cases is just over £400 including fitting.

Enjoy it as much as I would!!!
Great minds...

i-W3p3zzf-L.jpg

Reactions: Nod
Thanks for all your thoughts and great ideas.
None are road legal so we have to improvise.
I will keep you posted

If you'll be allowed to share the photos, please do!

Took these today only an iPhone. I thought the background worked with these items

Attachments

• IMG_5531.jpeg
    IMG_5531.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5545.jpeg
    IMG_5545.jpeg
    159.3 KB · Views: 7
Back