5e3e6afe.jpg

1c275b7d.jpg

4a9d6e28.jpg

55e5417a.jpg

46b61970.jpg

7a217343.jpg

78a589a9.jpg

3e6e4499.jpg

Excellent, I like the ones where it seems that you've used all the 300mm and got in close to the man and machine.

Nice set, looks like I missed out on a good day. I was stuck at work :bang:

Back up yesterday and got a few of the wee fella i was quite pleased with. I know it gets boring for yous looking at the same thing but any C&C will hopefully help me improve.
f4f92aa3.jpg

f7fb5d75.jpg

73ab3cd8.jpg

Thanks
Wull

I am not one for liking or commenting much on the motor sport images posted but I like the last image in the first batch... nice DoF..

Shutterman

The last selection are very good.

Like the first one a lot. Only very slight comment is what looks like the barrier sneaking in at the top left corner but I'm really clutching at straws with that.

The second one is a little strange with the first rider OOF, excellent action though.

Last one is excellent as well.

Just a few comments on the second set.
#1 Really like this one. The black object in the top left is distracting me too. It's a good shot and I wonder if you may be able to crop and rotate slightly to get it out of frame?

#2 I know you were trying to focus on Alex, but this would work better with the focus on the rider in front. You had enough depth of field to keep Alex as sharp too. Hindsight is a wonderful thing - it would have been hard to know this at the time ;)

#3 The missing half a rider on the left and headless riders behind mean this doesn't work for me. If the shot was a little higher and taken a split second later it would have been perfect.

Thanks for the comments (y)

You are right enough Steve. Half the time i am shouting through the lens "be careful" instead of concentrating on the photie :bang:
Not good for my nerves:LOL::LOL:

2 quick questions.

What is the easiest way to get rid of the black barrier in the first of the second set.:shrug:

How do you sharpen photies after they are resized in photobucket for the web and how much :shrug:

Thanks Wull

2 quick questions.

What is the easiest way to get rid of the black barrier in the first of the second set.:shrug:

How do you sharpen photies after they are resized in photobucket for the web and how much :shrug:

Thanks Wull

Wull, I'll try and answer these this evening when I've got photoshop in front of me. What image editing product are you using ?

Thanks Steve(y).
I have Photoshop elements 3 but have a very basic:shrug:knowledge of how to work it. :D

Wull, apologies for taking so long to reply, been a heavy week at work :|

I don't have elements 3, but as far as I can tell you do have standard crop tools and also a clone tool. I've done a couple of versions of one shot for you and I'll try and explain what I did.

#1 The quick and simple crop and rotate:
wull_f4f92aa3_crop.jpg

All I did here was select the crop tool, then drag around the bike to almost the full frame -I didn't want to ruin your composition too much as it was spot on. Then I dragged the mouse outside that area to rotate the crop until I'd got rid of the black barrier that was distracting up the top left. It's very quick and easy to do. The downside to this is I've lost part of your image and there's not so much room for the bike to ride into.

#2 Cloning
wull_f4f92aa3_clone.jpg

A lot more tricky this, and I've not taken a lot of time over this, so it's quite poor! This involves using the clone stamp tool, which effectively takes a copy of part of the image, which you can paste over something you want to hide. I used the clone stamp and took samples of the nearest areas to the black barrier (hold down Alt to select an area) and pasted it over with left mouse button. If it's just a simple piece of grass, then it's quite easy - here though there's grass, a small strip of track and some sand - quite tough.

The moral of this really is to get as much right in camera first time, and save yourself the hassle of sitting behind the computer all day :D

I expect your sharpening tools in elements 3 are quite limited. But I would imagine the standard "sharpen" tool will work fine on 800x600 images. It's probably under the Filter dropdown if you have one.

I did a slight sharpen on both the above images. The first was a more subtle one using Photoshop Unsharp Mask, the second a standard PS Sharpen. If you oversharpen then you'll start to see straight lines turn to jaggies, at which point you've gone too far.

You should be able to find some decent web tutorials on cropping, cloning and sharpening. They're all fairly common Photoshop tools.

Back