Motorbikes

Edit My Images
No
Come on then, the bikers on here, let's see what you've got, or what you've had.
Here's a few of the bikes i've owned in my 28 years of being a biker, starting with the most recent and in order as far as the MTX125, then they're in any order.
'Scuse the image quality, It's rather naff in places

Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom by jamieZRX1200S, on Flickr

BMW K1200RS by jamieZRX1200S, on Flickr

Kawasaki ZRX1200S by jamieZRX1200S, on Flickr

Honda MTX125 by jamieZRX1200S, on Flickr

Triumph T595 Daytona by jamieZRX1200S, on Flickr

Kawasaki GPz900R by jamieZRX1200S, on Flickr

Last edited:
I'd put a pic up of my departed R1 but it upsets me to look at pics of it now.

I'd put a pic up of my departed R1 but it upsets me to look at pics of it now.
Awww, I know how you feel, You get so attached to a bike don't you. I wish i'd never got rid of the ZRX1200S. Especially for that waste of space Beemer. Damn thing was so unreliable. The Strom I liked but never loved.

Don't use her as much as I should but wouldn't be without her.

Bike-1.jpg

Oh my life!!!!
Not really into cruisers but that is effin sweet!

Cheers Jay. Did the strip down, new drag bars, paint job (mostly), cissy bar, covered and installed the solo seat and added most of the chrome my self a few years ago. She's an 'R' plate with only 16k on the clock so pretty much a fair weather machine:D.

Cheers Jay. Did the strip down, new drag bars, paint job (mostly), cissy bar, covered and installed the solo seat and added most of the chrome my self a few years ago. She's an 'R' plate with only 16k on the clock so pretty much a fair weather machine:D.
An R plate? A 1998? My God it looks good. Wonderful rebuild, you haven't overdone it, Some people go way over the top adding all the American Dream accessories, but yours is just right.
I only had bikes for years, but getting past 40 years old, riding in wind, rain, snow and ice starts to have a very limited appeal. And it kills your bike! lol.

An R plate? A 1998? My God it looks good. Wonderful rebuild, you haven't overdone it, Some people go way over the top adding all the American Dream accessories, but yours is just right.
I only had bikes for years, but getting past 40 years old, riding in wind, rain, snow and ice starts to have a very limited appeal. And it kills your bike! lol.

It's a '97 R plate Jay. I have tried to get the balance right without going ott with the add ons. That's an old pic and I've changed the cissy bar since then and added a few small badges on the rear fender where the spot weld dimples were showing after I took off the double seat. She gives me what I look for in biking and with the straight through shotguns on her, you hear me before yeh see me:D:D

Thanks again for the compliments(y)

This thread makes me sad
After starting on a fs1e, cb100, c90 (all wrecks), around1980, to my brand new bandit (1st new bike) in 1997 and many many rides inbetween and after, I have no digital photos of any of them, sad because it would be a nice look through the recent history of bikes
I just wasnt into photography, or computers so not a digital image of around 30 bikes
And since my Fazer got killed around 2003, I never had another one - at least we killed the micra in that little encounter

The noise is, i imagine, quite loud and delicious!
My ZRX had a Beowulf end can and gave a nice note, the Beemer was whisper quiet, but the Strom........twin full Akras! My god you heard that thing coming at full chat! lol. And for a dual purpose, it shifted, Went through Germany on it, and it was sat on the Autobahn at an indicated 155mph, which i imagine is about 140mph true. Still had loads left and I'm not the right shape to get behind the screen. It was an awesome bike, but I never loved it.
Due to heart problems I got rid of it in the spring this year, now my heart is sorted (more or less) and I want another ZRX again. The torque of that thing was incredible. In 5th gear it would pull from 25mph all the way to an indicated 170! Just an immense bike.
It's nice to know that there are others who love their bikes. I could talk about them for a day and a night and never get bored, although i might (probably) get boring! :D

This thread makes me sad
After starting on a fs1e, cb100, c90 (all wrecks), around1980, to my brand new bandit (1st new bike) in 1997 and many many rides inbetween and after, I have no digital photos of any of them, sad because it would be a nice look through the recent history of bikes
I just wasnt into photography, or computers so not a digital image of around 30 bikes
And since my Fazer got killed around 2003, I never had another one - at least we killed the micra in that little encounter
I know how you feel. There's many many bikes I haven't taken photos of. The main one I wished I'd at least taken some film pics of was a GPz750 Turbo in '89. Evil bike, I loved it!

...........Due to heart problems I got rid of it in the spring this year, now my heart is sorted (more or less)

Same issues here. Had a heart attack 6 weeks ago but on the mend (I think). Second one in 5 years. Bloody inconvenience they are too:D:D

Same issues here. Had a heart attack 6 weeks ago but on the mend (I think). Second one in 5 years. Bloody inconvenience they are too:D:D
Tell me about it. I spent my 40th in hospital after a minor heart attack. Now I keep getting palpitations (long words involved) if I do too much excersise, and because i always had to work hard to keep my weight in check, it means i'm slowly but surely putting it on again. Not good for the heart, a damned viscious circle.
That's one reason I started taking photography more seriously, it means i get out and do some walking!
You will get better mate. Just watch for the depression setting in as it did with me. (crap job and crap managers didn't help). I spent over a year as a virtual prisoner, scared to go out. Again, photography is helping with that.
You seem to have the same attitude as me, A bloody inconvenience!!! :D:D

Modern stuff is lovely, but where's the oldies?

Greeves 250. 1969
Greeves1969_zpse1eb3aa4.jpg

Yamaha Serow 250. 2009
christmas09.jpg

The passion never dies.

I think its because I grew up hankering after these bikes, and they always seemed ultra modern, that now my mind still says they're a modern bike. It's the same as registration plates, 51 reg still seems like a new thing! Lol.

And here's mine - gave it a wash on the weekend. May have to sadly sell it to get onto 4 wheels, sigh! Though it's not quick, it's done me well. Bought it in May and I've done 8k miles since, and will easily clock 10-12k if I get to a full year. Apparently that's quite a lot for a bike according to a dealer, which is annoying as they're supposed to be commuter bikes!

CBF125_IMG_1057.jpg

wish they were mine, taken at southport

8280099563_7b28b260cf_c.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
url], on Flickr

sorry link wont work

Last edited:
I started biking back in 1968, in those days you could ride a 250 on "L" plates. Had a succession of rubbish old Brit iron and early Honda's. Then they changed the law so I had to get a 125, had a Honda CG125 and hated it so I took my test and bought a Kawasaki GT750 :) That was the start of a lovely relationship between me and big K's - apart from the Triumph Tiger which was a used instead of a second car. I gave up biking two years ago now but the ZX9 was a lovely machine and the ZX10 was just incredible. The GPZ900R was a great bike in it's day, the ZZR1100 I crashed and spent a month in hospital and 3 months off work so with the insurance I bought the ZX9. The ZX10 I took on a track day to Siverstone, 170 on the clock and still accelerating down the back straight!

8280326503_7b1fbba2ac_b.jpg

8281387602_a57897b39e_k.jpg

8280334405_ec8ef8bbaa_h.jpg

8280341117_10ce03699f_k.jpg

8281379888_417be01377_k.jpg

8281369166_2626396f6a_k.jpg

Alan

Twin Akra's on my ZX10, with the baffles out it sounded like the fifth horseman of the apocalypse!!! Even with the baffles in they were reluctant to let me on the track at Silverstone!!

Alan

Awww, I know how you feel, You get so attached to a bike don't you. I wish i'd never got rid of the ZRX1200S. Especially for that waste of space Beemer. Damn thing was so unreliable. The Strom I liked but never loved.

It's even worse as it was actually written off after an accident a few months ago;thought it was repairable but the parts bill had gone to £4000 when the assessor and my garage decided it was going to cost more than the bike was worth:crying:.
Might look at getting something after the winter depending on my work scenario.

My only easily accessible photo of mine.

c5561710.jpg

1998 Honda CB600 FW Hornet

Spent 2 years doing a nut and bolt respray, just needs a paint job, pearl blazing orange, and it will be done.

Oh yeah, I've done a twin exhaust conversion including custom pipework and tail work.

52770b7b.jpg

She's my baby.

This was mine when I was still living in South Africa. A 1981 Kawasaki GPZ550.

This shot was taken by the Mrs in the Karoo, Cape Province, when we were on our way from Johannesburg to Cape Town in 1983. It was taken with an Instamatic type camera, so quality is not that good.

In the Karoo by jomike, on Flickr

DT175MX. Restored it with all the intention of doing my test and having it on the road but that's not going to happen anymore :( It's too nice to just have sat at the farm so I think I'll have to get shot of it to fund a car. Shame, spent a lot of time on it

DSC_1057.jpg

Ya know, it doesn't surprise me that so many people who take photographs love their bikes aswell. Bikes are things of true beauty, and inspire affection and sometimes even love. A bit like guitars really, in my mind a guitar is beautiful, the form, the different shapes, the incredible sounds that eminate from the amplifiers. How can a few bits of wood, some electronics and some wire be so beautiful. As a bike, some metal, some plastic, some rubber, put together in the right way and the majesty springs forth.

My biking life started when I was 11 years old on a Greeves just like the one in Serows picture,I had 3 of them 2 Scottish and an Anglian,then bought a Yamaha TY 175 trials bike and competed in schoolboy trials riding in a couple of british championship rounds.The TY went in part ex for a Bultaco Sherpa 250 and at 17 I discovered beer and women so the trials got kicked into touch and a Suzuki TS250 ER was bought.That was written off about 18 months later and i bought a Suzuki X7,next on the list a Yamaha RD 350 LC ,that lasted 4 weeks before it got stolen so another one was bought with the insurance.Six months later While in Hospital recovering from an operation to pin my wrist back together after a car pulled out on me I decided to give bikes a break for a while.1999 and the itch came back so i bought a Honda Blackbird,you know something nice and steady to ease back into it,That was traded in 12 months later for a Kawasaki ZX 12R what a machine, saw 197 mph on the speedo of that one,(on a private road of course :naughty:) that was killed one Sunday Morning up near Helmsley when someone lost control of an MV Augusta f4 on a bend and ran into me writing it off and breaking my jaw.Next up was this

IMG_0035_zpse4f5ef2e.jpg

had that for 5 years and did 45,000 miles on it, I absolutely loved that bike but it had to go to make way for this

IMG_0070_zpscfdf7d89.jpg

worst mistake I ever made, initially I liked it but as time went by I grew to hate it and questioned if I was actually falling out with biking or just the bike until I took a test ride on my current bike this work of art

IMG_7311.jpg

awesome bike,bit expensive to run but absolutely fantastic to ride.

as well as the road bikes I also have this

250809_2367.jpg

a GSXR 1000 K2 track bike,dont get to ride it much these days and thinking about selling it to fund a 300 f2.8L

The Mrs also rides shes had a CG 125,ER-5 600 Fazer, R6 and now she rides this

stuff117.jpg

GSXR 750

here is some of the ones i have owned in my 36 yrs of biking
kawa kh 125
honda cb 200
honda 250 superdream
yamaha rd400
kawa z650
kawa z750
suzuki gs 850 shaft
gpz 900r 1996 a8 model
honda vfr 750 1980
kawa zzr 1200 silver one
kawa 636 2006 model
kawa 1200 blue one
zzr 1200 i still have. and have to say it,s the best bike i have owned or ridden
it is very comfy on a long run and it can stay up with all the litre sports bike no problem de restricted hits 195 on clock on a private road officer:LOL::LOL::LOL:

The one & only bike I've ever owned. Z650-C with some F parts. Paint job was done before I bought it around 1998. Bought with the intention of passing my test, stupidly failed the test twice and then just gave up. Fitted some new parts and then sold on a few years later.

6611_139182846065_902290_n_zps3af1455a.jpg

Back