Motorbikes

I’m the same with motorbikes rather than helmets :oops: :$
I’ve got three and would get another if I could get away with it :banana:
Helmets are cheaper though

You know what, IF I had room in my garage I’d but a Benelli Imperiale 400. Cheap, nice-looking retro bike.

Just spent a few hours putting my bike back together following the K-tech fork upgrade, I have also replaced the front fender as the other one was cracked, and also fitted a radiator guard and some Stompgrips, as well as a liberal coat of ACF50 on the places I could access while it was partially stripped down.

Untitled by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

8C03DAEF-9889-4061-979C-823603CAF131.jpeg

269984438_6667688426639554_2035353333900777276_n.jpg

Bit of a blast around the island on Sunday.

T7-HDR.thumb.JPG.2682b74e7e35524f961d4978dc38bc52.JPG

New back tyre fitted and a little run around for fun but I'm glad I got togged up as I'm not used to the cold. Two pairs of socks, thermal leggings under bike trousers, thermal vest under a base layer top, heated jacket and bike jacket, inner gloves and heated grips on full - best fun I've had with so many clothes on in a long time ;)

New tyres deserve respect at the best of times and it was a bit slippy to start with so steady away, got to Skipton for a spot of lunch and a pint.

Just going to sit here in front of the fire for a while ...

So do your forks!

Too lazy to get my jet wash out so ...

Before.jpgAfter.jpg

My GPS didn't work yesterday being completely unresponsive to the touch screen and attempting to factory reset today left it in a boot loop :banghead:

I rang Garmin on the off chance and managed to get a replacement for £140 including postage both ways, considering it's almost five years old and I already have a powered/locking mount it seemed like a good deal. The Nav VI integrates with the GS 'Wonder wheel' to operate the media player, map views, bike info (TPS etc.) and other things I haven't bothered to learn :D

I’m the same with motorbikes rather than helmets :oops: :$
I’ve got three and would get another if I could get away with it :banana:
Helmets are cheaper though

My record was n 2020. In one garage I had Seven bikes, 2 scooters and one sidecar.
I Now have none, first time since 1970 without, at least, one bike.

I have discovered another advantage of having a motorcycle. Free airport parking!

Make sure it's in full view of any CCTV cameras and that the cameras are manned or at least recorded...

Thumbs up to Garmin UK for my replacement sat nav, I posted the old unit on Tuesday last week and the new one arrived this morning. Full EU maps pre-installed just needing an update, the garmin express app gave me the option to install north american maps which I didn't have before!

I'd be off into the wild grey yonder if my back wasn't screwed up again :/

(y) was for the good service.

The :( is for your bad back.

Quick run out today, roads were greasy, but mostly dry, the wind was the biggest spoiler. This thing is like a sail in cross winds...

You want a sail? Try the original R III !!! That said, it weighed as much as a Titanic anchor so it wasn't too badly affected by sidewinds!

I went to the Manchester Bike show today with my tickets from 2019 maybe (I think it got cancelled then covid struck), anyway it was a big disappointment. Mostly 'xxx bike owners club stands and only a small offering from a few manufacturers. Triumph not there and that's a shame as I hoped to see the new 660 Sport though I am in for a test ride in the next few weeks.

Some nice 2-strokes though :cool:

I'll be heading down to a camera fair thingy near Wolverhampton tomorrow. If the wind is less gusty I'll ride (don't mind the wind, it's the gusts that tire you out).

20220129_115256.jpg

26/27 February is the Bristol Classic Bike show (hopefully!) and I'll be heading up to that. Mrs Nod hope's I'll come back with just photos but I'm sort of hoping that there might be a nice '63 T120 for not too much... Then again, the other '63 model in the house is a bit wheezy, rather overweight and is getting a bit unreliable... Probably just end up with a couple of t-shirts and other smalls rather than a bike. Not sure whether to go up on the Saturday so there's more choice at the autojumble etc. or the Sunday when there can be bargains because traders don't want to take so much home. Decision will probably depend on the weather forecast.

........ Then again, the other '63 model in the house is a bit wheezy, rather overweight and is getting a bit unreliable... ......

My god you're a brave man speaking about the wife like that :p :p :p

I love the autojumbles. I don't buy anything unless it's for display or photographing but find the breadth of stuff on offer breathtaking.

She's a '65!

It was looking likely that I'd be heading up alone but a look at her diary shows that she may well be able to accompany me on the Sunday. 1) I'll enjoy the company and 2) she'll curb my spending! Well, unless she spots something SHE wants!!!

I saw an AJS a couple of years ago (IIRC, they share a motor with the Mutts) and liked the look of it. One of these days, Mrs Nod will decide she wants to learn and I'll have an excuse to buy myself her one!

Had to wash the salt residue off mine, used my Bruhl MD2800 pro for the first time.

Back