Motorbikes

Are they Road 6’s?
road 5's, used them since they came out, have lots of confidence in them in the wet and dry, wear out front and rear at the same time and i like to change as a pair anyway , no doubt il have a go at the 6's but for now the 5's are the best ive tried, i get average 6k miles out of a pair so tend to change my tyres 3 times a year, these will go on when i get back from scotland next week, and hopefully last me till may when im back up there next

Plenty of bikes down at Lyme Regis yesterday lunchtime (for a weekday in March!) - about 25 parked up. At least 1/2 of them were Triumphs of some sort, with Bonnies being about 50% of them, Tigers about 1/3 and the rest an assortment of the sportier types.

Plenty of bikes down at Lyme Regis yesterday lunchtime (for a weekday in March!) - about 25 parked up. At least 1/2 of them were Triumphs of some sort, with Bonnies being about 50% of them, Tigers about 1/3 and the rest an assortment of the sportier types.
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2n9p8qX]Trumpet at Lyme Regis. by R Hillman, on Flickr[/URL]

Always a nice place to stop and grab a coffee and an ice cream, my other Sprint at Lyme Regis.

I LOVE the prawn curry at SWIM (the bid café/bar near the Western end of the front) and their coffee ain't bad, either! We usually avoid it in season but get along once a month or so from September to May.

road 5's, used them since they came out, have lots of confidence in them in the wet and dry, wear out front and rear at the same time and i like to change as a pair anyway , no doubt il have a go at the 6's but for now the 5's are the best ive tried, i get average 6k miles out of a pair so tend to change my tyres 3 times a year, these will go on when i get back from scotland next week, and hopefully last me till may when im back up there next
I'll be changing the tyres on mine shortly to get rid of the MAXXIS rubbish that I inherited. I'll certainly be going with Michelin, but cant decide between Road 5/6 or Power 5. I don't really ride in the wet any more, and may be having a couple of track sessions. :)

Quick 70 miles this afternoon, was hoping to get into N Yorkshire today but I was tight for time. So just did a run around Linc's again today. Lots of bikes about. :)

IMG_1978.jpg by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

Quick 70 miles this afternoon, was hoping to get into N Yorkshire today but I was tight for time. So just did a run around Linc's again today. Lots of bikes about. :)

IMG_1978.jpg by Rick Phillips, on Flickr
The weather is great for bikes at the moment, I took this one out yesterday for the first time since October.

New Pan Shot-1003806 V2 PS Adj.jpg

According to one of Mrs Nod's students (who is a forecaster at the Met Office), under 20% chance of rain means it probably won't but they're covering their butts, 70% and over is almost a guarantee of rain but you might be lucky and anywhere in between means it might rain but it might not. I'd risk that forecast above but I'd take waterproofs just in case!!!

According to one of Mrs Nod's students (who is a forecaster at the Met Office), under 20% chance of rain means it probably won't but they're covering their butts, 70% and over is almost a guarantee of rain but you might be lucky and anywhere in between means it might rain but it might not. I'd risk that forecast above but I'd take waterproofs just in case!!!
Me too but we're not in Scotland. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Nod

my jacket is a Richa laminated job, really waterproof, ive ridden in horrendous weather and its kept me dry( bar a bit round the neck once and thats because it wicked in from my neck snood rather than through the jacket and that was riding in constant rain for 6 hours) i prefer to ride in leather trousers so i havent bought the matching bottoms so il be taking some richa over trousers, just to be safe.

Reactions: Nod
In case anyone was going and has booked accommodation, just found out,

ENGLISH RIVEIRA BIKE SHOW APRIL 29TH -MAY 1st CANCELLED

I cannot find the reason for this but been told it is over safety concerns.

In case anyone was going and has booked accommodation, just found out,

ENGLISH RIVEIRA BIKE SHOW APRIL 29TH -MAY 1st CANCELLED

I cannot find the reason for this but been told it is over safety concerns.

Sad but almost inevitable. The predecessor (BMAD) was dropped because of antisocial elements misbehaving and a change of organiser was unlikely to change such behaviour.

Sad but almost inevitable. The predecessor (BMAD) was dropped because of antisocial elements misbehaving and a change of organiser was unlikely to change such behaviour.
There was a time when those elements stayed away from these type of events, but in Devon there everywhere, rather sad and pathetic and nowadays anyone gets in to those elements which results in mob handed bullies strutting their stuff if you know what I mean.

Oddly, it wasn't the patch clubs that were the problem (unlike back in the '80s/'90s)!

Oddly, it wasn't the patch clubs that were the problem (unlike back in the '80s/'90s)!
What was it then Nod?

New statement on Torbay Tourist site.

The decision to cancel, made by Torbay Council was not been made lightly, however they have said that they must listen to their public safety advisory members concerns.

Torbay Council hope that with adherence to event documentation deadlines and plans that this event can take place in future years, however on this occasion deadlines were not met, potentially leaving public safety at risk.

Last edited:
What was it then Nod?

New statement on Torbay Tourist site.

The decision to cancel, made by Torbay Council was not been made lightly, however they have said that they must listen to their public safety advisory members concerns.

Torbay Council hope that with adherence to event documentation deadlines and plans that this event can take place in future years, however on this occasion deadlines were not met, potentially leaving public safety at risk.

Wannabes on smaller bikes trying to prove something and ignoring speed limits, red lights, zebra crossings etc.. (That's from people who know the old organisers who did it for love rather than money. Now the council have taken it on, I'd guess that they want money more than love!)

Tomorrow morning I’ll be installing my new screen. Should be a 15 minute job, but for it to be able to go on I’ll have to change the position of the front camera.
I like a challenge!

7BC18B56-1E45-4C3A-B3A2-365797B346EC.jpg
Took the Meteor up the cat and fiddle pass yesterday, first time I’ve been up there in years.
Reinforced a couple of things;
My riding skills are a bit rusty
A few more horses would be handy (she has only done 400 miles so still running in but won’t be a race bike even then)

Great to be back on a bike
New touring seat isn’t a huge amount comfier than the std seat

Back