Motorbikes

Retrieved my camera footage 100% tbe other drivers fault, waited for 2 cars and van coming in the opposite direction to go past and pulled out straight into me trying to turn right without looking
 
Pity i cant out up video here though probably not yet as ive been advised by a mate thats ex plod to hold stuff off until all finished
Yeah, I'd definitely hold off posting it anywhere until it's all done.
 
the driver has admitted liability, police contacted me and asked my opinion as they wanted to prosecute for driving without due care and attention or send on a driver awareness course, i wasnt sure what prosecuting him would achieve, he wasnt tear arsing about, he just made a mistake so i opted for the later, anyway ive stuck the crash on via youtube for your perusal, note the irony of what i was saying to my mate 15 seconds before the crash ( we have coms kits so can speak to each other and they come in really handy as you can warn each other of dangers) i didnt want kids watching it so age restricted it

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDvyIADRVlc
 
the driver has admitted liability, police contacted me and asked my opinion as they wanted to prosecute for driving without due care and attention or send on a driver awareness course, i wasnt sure what prosecuting him would achieve, he wasnt tear arsing about, he just made a mistake so i opted for the later, anyway ive stuck the crash on via youtube for your perusal, note the irony of what i was saying to my mate 15 seconds before the crash ( we have coms kits so can speak to each other and they come in really handy as you can warn each other of dangers) i didnt want kids watching it so age restricted it

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDvyIADRVlc
I think you were very generous to the driver.

I also think that the helmet camera footage shows you and your mate following to be riding in a very sensible and aware way, I am pleased you had it.
 
the driver has admitted liability, police contacted me and asked my opinion as they wanted to prosecute for driving without due care and attention or send on a driver awareness course, i wasnt sure what prosecuting him would achieve, he wasnt tear arsing about, he just made a mistake so i opted for the later, anyway ive stuck the crash on via youtube for your perusal, note the irony of what i was saying to my mate 15 seconds before the crash ( we have coms kits so can speak to each other and they come in really handy as you can warn each other of dangers) i didnt want kids watching it so age restricted it

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDvyIADRVlc
I must admit I'm with ZX9 on this, clearly comes under driving without due care and attention. I know you say you don't see the point in prosecuting but they need to be made aware just how serious this is, and could have cost somebody their life :(
 
I must admit I'm with ZX9 on this, clearly comes under driving without due care and attention. I know you say you don't see the point in prosecuting but they need to be made aware just how serious this is, and could have cost somebody their life :(
And as someone who has had about 20 operations and lives with pain as a result of a very similar accident way back in 1986 (I also lost my business and house, but did meet a nurse who I can't shake off..) I know just how serious these things can be..
 
I think you were very generous to the driver.

I also think that the helmet camera footage shows you and your mate following to be riding in a very sensible and aware way, I am pleased you had it.
The police attitude towards me changed when they saw the video, you dont realise blowing into a wee machine is when you have punctured your lung, im so glad i had it, he wasnt off with me but deffo improved after he saw it, your right about me being generous but im not a vindictive person by nature, if he was tear arsing about id of happily had him prosecuted but he just made a mistake...sh*t happens, i could see on my rear camera that kept rolling how upset him and his wife was...im sure he has learnt his lesson
 
The police attitude towards me changed when they saw the video, you dont realise blowing into a wee machine is when you have punctured your lung, im so glad i had it, he wasnt off with me but deffo improved after he saw it, your right about me being generous but im not a vindictive person by nature, if he was tear arsing about id of happily had him prosecuted but he just made a mistake...sh*t happens, i could see on my rear camera that kept rolling how upset him and his wife was...im sure he has learnt his lesson
Very magnanimous Dave, not sure I'd be so. Bad show though that the Rozzers couldn't make their own mind up .................
 
Anyone interested in Guy Martin? If so, here's an interview from Australia's version of MCN.

 
I've had this bike since 1995, it didn't come from the factory looking like this but it has "morphed" under my hands over the years. I still think it looks good for it's age. Harley Davidson, 1992 FXR Superglide. Anyway I was out for a ride today and I stopped for a comfort break and I just fell in love with it again glinting in the sunlight.

002 FXR 02-0983 PS Adj Upload.jpg
 
Few bikes DO stay the same after a few years! Even Mrs Nod's has had a few little mods - mainly to make an impractical bike marginally less so! At least she can now carry a loaf of bread OR a pint of milk (she'd need to put the other pannier on to carry both!!!)
 
Few bikes DO stay the same after a few years! Even Mrs Nod's has had a few little mods - mainly to make an impractical bike marginally less so! At least she can now carry a loaf of bread OR a pint of milk (she'd need to put the other pannier on to carry both!!!)
You've got bigger panniers, maybe you should do the errands? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
 
She's got the iPace for those - the bikes are for fun!
 
Went for a very pleasant, gentle bimble for lunch. Almost got taken out by a cyclist whizzing through a red light but the brakes on the Bobber are pretty good...
 
Just got back from Plymough (car) saw one of those electric bikes with the big fat tyres looked for all the world like a Moped more than a Bycicle and he was ripping along at something like 30mph. He went past us, we were doing just under 30 on the road in traffic, he was on the pavement when he went passed us as if we were stood still. For sure those things ought to be regulated and licensed insured and all the stuff the kids have to do for Mopeds (which I think are less powerful than that E Bike. The bloke on it wasn't young, he was a fat older bloke and he never used the pedals once while he was in sight of us. He'd an ordinary cycling helmet on and had the cheek to have a number plate on the back of it. FAT 1.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nod
Back
Top