Motorcycle racing

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
hi guys looking for tips on snapping sports and mx bikes in action possibly even heading to a road used by a lot of bikers on the way to local biker hotspots really just a hobby so I’m not expecting great things lol
Any help welcome
Regards
G

Sorry I meant to say in particular I’m a road racing fan so able to get within touching distance of mega fast bikes..... I’d like to focus mainly on the eyes of riders probably too ambitious for entry level kit but I need something to aim for

Newlands Corner is actually the hotspot I was talking about there’s a lovely tree lined road on a corner that I imagine would me a good picture

Newlands Corner is actually the hotspot I was talking about there’s a lovely tree lined road on a corner that I imagine would me a good picture

And the Mr Whippy style ice-cream is nice too :)

Is certainly quite a bikers get together place......as for photography positions I have not given it much thought but do bear in mind that there are no footpaths along the road. Though wider verges in some places but none I can immediately think of where you might get a nice angle on a bend???

As @huffy says, talk to the bikers and chat about it.

Last edited:
Yeah if coming out of the car park I’m thinking of walking down to the right however shere road being a notorious route will have a lot of vantage points

Is the car park there now a paying one ? I remember it was going to be "soon"

What about Box Hill ? Always popular at the cafe at the bottom of the bends

Oh yes the car park is now pay and display box hill is great and the road between the two it will just be pick a spot try it and move

I’ve got no idea on lenses and setting but that half the fun YouTube has given me a rough guide etc but looking forward to it

Back