MOTORSPORTS IN KENT

Name
iron
Edit My Images
Yes
I have moved back from australia and i used to do alot of motorsport photography there,
i am living in kent now and want to go and do some motorsport photography,
does anyone know what tracks are in kent or near kent that i will be able to go and photograph,

regards iron

I used to go there a lot as a kid. It's a great place.

There's also a Banger racing circuit in Dover (behind Buckland Hospital) that runs a few times a year.

Commbe Valley is the banger racing circuit. Youve also got Arena essex which is on the border of Kent/Essex

Good advice there... and of course... Up the Irons :D

If you can make Brands Hatch tomorrow, some of the BTCC teams will be out testing in preperation for this year's season.

hi neil,

sorry working,
don't you need a special pass or licence for brands hatch

For trackside access you need media accreditation, but for shooting from the public spectator areas, access is free for test-days.

There are a few non spectator areas you can take advantage of on test days at Brands, just need to be very careful and not take the p.

Lydden hill is fantastic for togs, you can really get close to the action and see the whole circuit from every corner.

Missed the press day at Brands earlier in the month working, damn it.

Lydden hill is fantastic for togs, you can really get close to the action and see the whole circuit from every corner.

Missed the press day at Brands earlier in the month working, damn it.

It was pretty rubbish for photos. Nothing that interesting on track.

Yeah my lap in the Radical was an eye opener, one of the best things i've ever done. I was disappointed i didn't get a go in the 500 as i left it too late.

EV is the way forward :D

It was pretty rubbish for photos. Nothing that interesting on track.

Oh well that is good to hear, didn't miss much then lol.

Must admit I went a couple of years ago and it was much the same, cars following press car at 10mph, still it was free and a chance to get the smell of some burning oil. Kids didn't enjoy it though.

Go to a BTCC meeting. The kids will love it. Think they can enter free if they are under a certain ago too. Pit walks, open paddock (pitlane at other rounds), great action through the day. Test days and media days are really only for us hardcore motorsports bores ;)

any motorsport on in the next month that anyone wants to meet up with me,
interested in anything

F3 and GT next weekend at Brands?

Thanks for all your help on this thread so for,

is there any meetings anywhere in the next two weeks anywhere in the kent area,
don't mind to travel a little out of kent,
and will the places be good for photography

iron

Grasstrack at Swingfield, was meant to be at Lydden Hill but council said it would be to noisy how bloody ridiculous, just be careful of stones, also at lydden hill on the 20th is a car track day where will be some british rallycross cars apparently testing for the rallycross the week after.

Grasstrack at Swingfield, was meant to be at Lydden Hill but council said it would be to noisy how bloody ridiculous, just be careful of stones, also at lydden hill on the 20th is a car track day where will be some british rallycross cars apparently testing for the rallycross the week after.

was that the british masters meet,
pretty pathetic to say grasstrack is too noisey,

Yep, especially when they had the VMCC last week and my god was some of them were beyond the defination of loud.

Isit, might go then apparently i can get the same bus from canterbury and just get off later,

do you know if you can get track side

No not unless your signed on, if you search grasstrack you can see the sort of the pics you can get from speccy view, remember to watch out for stones, Rhodes Minnis last year was bloody painful when you got hit

Of course, it's BSB weekend at Brands. I'll be there tomorrow, probably somewhere around Druids....

I haven't been to a circuit in over a year - I think my motorsport skills will be a bit rusty !! :LOL:

Steve

BSB at Brands tommorow?

if you go to brands hatch can you get good photos from the seating area or is the fence in the way

Dont see why not, would probs look good if your far back and theres a crowd+ slow panning would prob look good, never tried it myself though.

if you go to brands hatch can you get good photos from the seating area or is the fence in the way

Your are asking about motorsport in Kent yet havent been to Kent's only proper motorsport venue?

Go take a look!

If you pop along during the week you can just take a look around...

Back