Mount simulation plugins?

Name
Edit My Images
No
Is there anything out there that would take an image and simulate different mount / styles and colours on that image. I'm just trying to work out how things will look, wether its best to have a small white border on the print within the mount or go to the edges and which colour mounts work best. I know you can fiddle things in photoshop with the canvas size settings but if you want to see different mount styles it just takes a bit of fiddling to do. Just wondering if there are any plugins out there for lightroom or photoshop that would add a "virtual" mount to an image.

Most labs where you would purchase a framed print have this sort of functionality on there websites

I've looked for this sort of thing in the past but not found anything. I too have played around in PS to mock something up but agree a plugin would be really useful. Wouldn't know where to start to do one myself though.

There are programs out there that do a full simulation of a framed print, I use on in the shop called " Custom Framer - Art ".

http://www.artframer.com/

takes a lot of setting up to get the best out of it.

Heres one i did earlier

Inner green mount, with cream outer and 90mm wide frame, customer loved it.

project_zps2p9kvmyr.jpg

Last edited:
There is an app called preveal that takes it a step further and overlays it actual size on an image of the clients wall

Yes you can do full previews on walls with my print rip in the wall art section

Back