Mountain biking video help!

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm shooting a video for a couple of friends soon, waiting for the weather to not urinate all over our parade!

I'm shooting with the following kit;

Canon 500D w/ Magic Lantern
" " 18-55mm Kit lens
" " 50mm F/1.8
Helios 28mm F/2.8
Chinon 135mm F/2.8

IMO, I have a pretty fun set of lenses to play with. I'm just undecided as to what shots will benefit the most with some of my lenses! I'm just a bit stuck!! :(

Help!

on top of your kit id Recommend a Fish eye and a Go-pro as well,

Going off your Kit, the 28mm for General Riding

Wait is this Dirt Trials/Jumps or General Mountain riding?

You'll need a nice wide lens to get the rider in and the atmosphere and use your 18-55 and 50mm for the arty shots

A nice and well known style in extreme video's is focus on a tree or leaves or and object known to the sport, then as a rider goes to pass the camera focus on him, if you watch alot of videos on www.pinkbike.com you'll get what i mean

And those videos should give you some idea's on how to film and styles

I shoot very little video but, 2 guys i know who shoot that **** very well i know will help you out if you have any questions.

the first @SamOakesfilms he shoots mountain biking better than any one else on a dslr.

the second. @JacobGibbins again pretty good with video.

if you drop either of them a message i'm sure they'll help you out. just say Charles Robertson suggested them.

and finally get signed up to pinkbike.com and get yourself on this thread http://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=86595&pagenum=1. lots of random banter but people help each other out

Back