Mountboard - A0

Name
Carlo
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,

just been to local hobbycraft looking at mountboard and the largest they do is A1, just wondered if anyone knew if i can get mountboard A0?

any help would be much appreciated. thanks

the problem with larger sizes like that, mountboard starts to be nor rigid enough. I know you can get "double sized" sheets - normally white and cream and perhaps black - at 60"x40" or so. The problem is getting it transported without damage!!

For large prints I tend to use 6mm mdf - get it cut to size at your local B&Q - and its cheaper than cardboard.

If the weight is too much with MDF - I suggest you look at foam board...

first look for anything like this - Lion Framing Supplies, Birmingham - for one offs speak to your local framer or sign company... as often the carrage is so high, or not available on very large sheets..

Standard sized mountboad is 44" x 32" - I cut acres of the stuff every week. How big do you need?

i am after making a mount which would be 44" x 20" with and aperture of 40" x 16"

where would i get the standard sized mountboard from, thing is i am only after two or three mounts initially.

Again this is the problem - you would need a local supplier. You are welcome to come over to mine and take 3 sheets but after travelling expenses it's not worthwhile. I recommend you contact a manufacturer of mountboard such as Daler Rowney, Slater Harrison, Arcadia and ask them who your local stockist is.

i will have to find a local supplier i think

Last edited:
I have just had a quick google and it seems that there is a Hobbycraft store in Warrington. I know that Hobbycraft stock Daler Rowney mountboard but I am not sure on the sheet sizes, give them a ring as it's on your doorstep :)

DaydreamJay

I have just had a quick google and it seems that there is a Hobbycraft store in Warrington. I know that Hobbycraft stock Daler Rowney mountboard but I am not sure on the sheet sizes, give them a ring as it's on your doorstep :)

DaydreamJay

Good advice but I think he has already been :)

Hello,

just been to local hobbycraft looking at mountboard and the largest they do is A1, just wondered if anyone knew if i can get mountboard A0?

any help would be much appreciated. thanks

Do you have any University sites near? I think some of them have art supply places.

Last edited:
i have visited the local hobbycraft and they only stocked A1, i didnt however enquire if they can get larger sizes, this might be the next step.

I am also close to a university campus and work in a school, so am popping upstairs to see what the art department has to offer.

Back