Mounted prints - can you help???

Edit My Images
No
Hello all
I am looking to get some 35mm black and white photographs mounted on about 10x8 for an exhibition at the beginning of Feb. My enlarger is not the best at getting to this size so I was going to get a company to print and mount the photographs for me (i need three done). Obviously i would prefer for this not to be done digitally, but it seems that there is access to nothing else! Does anyone know of where I can go to get this done in the proper old fashioned way???
I am going at this a bit blind as I have never done this before so if i can be pointed in the right direction or anyone has any hints or tips it would be much appreciated.
Thank you!!!
Em

hey i live in Worcester in the Midlands - Birmingham is probably a good bet right?

I think CC Imaging in Leeds do printing by hand if requested.

Hello all
My enlarger is not the best at getting to this size ...

Odd...just out of interest i've got a few of questions...
what format are we talking about here? Presumably 35mm?
What enlarger and lens combination are you using?
Are you printing the whole frame or cropping?

With the 'correct' focal length lens (typically 50mm for 35mm, 80mm for MF and 150mm for LF), you should easily achieve a 10x8 (9x6 full frame) print. In fact you ought to be able to get a 12x8 (full frame) with no major problems.

It would be a real shame if you couldn't do these yourself. Your problems are probably not insurmountable.

Cheers

Mark

Back