Mounting and framing a panorama

Edit My Images
No
I have just got a 300x900mm print from Loxely backed on to 2mm card. Will the 2mm thickness cause problems for mounting now?

I'm considering getting this mounted and framed, I have found http://www.epictureframes.co.uk/ and I can get a frame with moung for about £50. Upon choosing the mount they recommend that I choose an aperture size that is 10mm smaller in both dimensions than the print, is this right or should I keep the aperture the size of the print?

Also what sort width is best for mount and frame at this size?

Anything else I should be considering?

Also are there any other recommended places to get custom frames/mounting at affordable prices?

As you can guess I'm a total novice at this.

Thank you.

Last edited:
The mount aperture needs to be smaller than the print, otherwise the print could 'fall through' the mount and - to be avoided - touch the glass.

with regards to mounts... 5 or 6" left and right with either 4 or 5 top and bottom. Gives an even wider perspective.

Just done some 8 x 10's and it worked well with the 4:5 ratio too. If it was equal top/bottom they looked almost square.

On the lookout for alternate sources as I have just bought an eFrame frame and had to send them a support email last night and one business day later no reply ~ for the record, packaging/protection 100%, overall <100% hence the reason I contacted support with IMO an issue with the quality of the surface finish on a natural wood frame. This was for an urgent birthday gift for tomorrow (Saturday) and I need to rub down the raised grain in places on the moulding :( I did not and do not expect to have "finish" such items!

Reason for post if that eFrame has the same address as ePictureframes ~ two versions of the same company :LOL:

Back