Mounting / matting - adhere photo to backing board or matt?

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
I mostly use the T hinge method, I just find it is easier and the print never rucks up. I've found that mounting at each corner causes the print to ruck, which I guess is down to humidity and/or temp changes.

I mostly use the T hinge method, I just find it is easier and the print never rucks up. I've found that mounting at each corner causes the print to ruck, which I guess is down to humidity and/or temp changes.

+1 what he says ^^^^^^ but in my case always T hinge ;)

+1 what he says ^^^^^^ but in my case always T hinge ;)

Thank you both. The T-hinge looks very much simpler. And presumably means I don't need an extra piece of mount board. Are there any issues with just using the MDF or hardboard backing board of the frame in contact with the print?

As long as you are not intending the prints to be "archival" then no problems to the best of my knowledge (I've not seen any yet and lots of prints are mounted directly to hardboard/mdf).

I should add that even when I frame prints I still use a ph neutral backing board even when the frame has a mdf back board - its just how I do it.

I have used Picture Lizard in Swindon IMO good quality and service.

I also use the T hanging system. For the photo, i use a PH neutral tape and then put the backing board on.

I bought my last set of mounts and backing board from paper spectrum at the photography show

Back